ĸιм naмjoon

I didn't realize this book reached 2k already. So this is just a really short chapter of my appreciation for all of the people who read this book.

P.S. Also this is my attempt writing in first person's point of view. So bear with me. :D

P.P.S. Please read the end-note.

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

1.

I was 7 when you moved in to our neighborhood. I was ecstatic. Because I would finally have someone to play with. I was bored of playing alone. I needed a friend back then. I believed fate happened. Then you came.

As soon as the moving truck pulled up, I immediately crossed the street where your house was. I was glued to you ever since I saw you came out from your parents' car.

But you didn't like me. You hated my existence. I was annoying so I get you. I would hate me too. I can't imagine myself having someone following me everywhere I go. I creeped you out one way or another.

Not until you found out we were actually classmates that you were doomed to always have me behind your back.

I was persistent. You were friendless.

You had no choice but to confront me one day. I remember I cried so hard because you downright told me you hated me. The next thing I knew, you were saying sorry, consoling me awkwardly. Your pale hands were wiping off the tears on my cheeks.

We became friends after that. I was so happy. You were my first crush. Without you, my childhood would have been so boring. Well...not until you moved out after 2 years. You left me broken. I never saw you again ever since you left.

You were my first heartache.

2.

In 8th grade, you were my super annoying seatmate. I had to put up with your childishness for a whole year. We would always fight since we're polar opposites. You liked to tease me about my dimples. You said it was like someone dug up a hole on my face.

Then I would tease you and your odd smile for revenge. I said you must have slipped when you were born that's why you have a different smile.

I didn't like your attitude. You were troublesome, mischievous, and a pain in the ass. We would bicker routinely everyday. I couldn't deny that I was falling for you little by little, day by day.

Curse you and your weird smile.

One day, I just found myself blushing when you tease me about my dimples. The way you would smile and laugh at me, my heart would beat so fast that I became afraid it would malfunction. I was so confused. Why did I have to fall for you?

Word came out that you had a crush on the prettiest girl in our class. I was devastated. Of course you wouldn't like me back. It's not that I was hoping you would like me back anyway. But it still hurt me regardless.

So I kept my feelings for you.

Until none was left.

3.

High school came. We became lab partners, so naturally you were coerced to talk to me. You looked like you were very athletic and masculine. In other words, you're hot. You looked like you were a player in the quarterback. I was right. And I had a feeling you were really popular. I was right again.