𝓞𝓷𝓮

🌺    🌺    🌺
  || 3rd PoV||

Chan was leaning over the counter on his phone, probably scrolling through social media. He hummed to the faint sound of 'Congratulations' by Day6 playing in the background. The whole place was tranquil.
The stray cat that would visit Chan began meowing at the store door, wanting to be let in. The Australian male waddled over to the door, opening it wide enough for the cat to run past his feet to the counter.
Chan chuckled softly as he walked over to the sable Burmese stray.
"Afternoon Aquilegia." He smiled, "Shall we get you some food?"
Walking into the back room where he kept the cat food stored. He poured the food into the bowl and replaced the water with a fresh refill.
The bell that hung over the door rang, signaling that someone had entered the small building. A soft smile had taken over the Australian's lips as he saw a young boy, about 17 come through the door.
"Hello." The young boy called, sending a shy smile to the older.
"Afternoon," Chan called back.
The older often saw the younger boy when walking home from school, smiling at him as he observed the beautiful flowers.
"Feeling social today?" Chan smiled.
"I feel bad that I always look a the beautiful flowers and that cat but never say hello to you." The younger boy explained.
"No need, it's quite nice just seeing you enjoy yourself." Chan started. "Hey, what's your name?" The older asked.
"I'm Jeongin." The younger smiled softly. "Is that your cat?" Jeongin asked.
"He's a Stray but comes by daily for some attention and love." Chan smiled at the friendly cat who was sat grooming herself.
"What's their name?" The younger asked, tilting his head slightly.
"Aquilegia," Chan replied.
"Aquil..ia?" Jeongin stuttered at the hard name earning a soft chuckle from the older.
"Aquil-eiah." Chan broke down.
"Oh! Aquilegia! As in the flower?" The younger asked curiously.
"Yes! Those just there." Chan pointed at the colourful bouquets in the corner.
"They're so beautiful! A lot like her." Jeongin smiled, his braces fully exposed.
It sounded strange, however, ever since Jeongin had stopped outside the flower shop to admire the flowers, Chan had thought the younger was the cutest person in existence. The way his eyes lit up when he admired the colourful petals, touching them softly whilst minding the stigmas. When the younger had entered the store, Chan had been incredibly happy to finally meet the younger.
"She's incredibly friendly if you want to pet her?" Chan offered.
Jeongin smiled and thanked Chan as he walked over to the soft animal, petting her gently. Aquilegia lent into his soft touch as he stroked small circles into the top of her fluffy head. Smiles filled the room, lighting the bright room up more than it already was.
"Thank you, Hyung, But I need to get home and complete my homework." The younger had said much to the older's dismay.
"You can do your homework in the back room if you wish? I can make you a hot chocolate?" Chan offered.
"I don't wish to burden you, but I'll take you up on the offer of a hot chocolate!" Jeongin smiled.
"Alright, go and sit in the back room, take Aquilegia and I'll be in there with our drinks in a few moments," Chan explained.
Jeongin did as Chan had directed and sent a message to his mother, saying he would He home later today.
- - -
Chan entered the room smiling.
"Here you go!" Jeongin smiled widely, thanking the older, taking the coffee from the older.
"Are you sure you don't want to do your homework here? You can stay as long as you want. The shop closes in about 20 minutes so I won't have any customers after then." Chan told the younger.
"I'll stay, but if I become a burden, tell me to leave." Jeongin made the older promise.
"Alright, I will," Chan promised, sitting beside the younger at the small table.
Jeongin took a book from his bag and placed it on the table. "Oh! I completely forgot to ask your name!" Jeongin panicked.
"My name is Chan." The older smiled.
"You have a really nice name, Channie!" Jeongin complimented.
"Thank you, 'Innie." Chan smiled. "I can call you that? Right?" Chan asked.
"Of course! I love nicknames and pet names." Jeongin confirmed.
The two smiled at each other, appreciating each other's stunning visuals.
To chan, Jeongin was prettier than any flower in the store and to Jeongin, Chan's dimples were cuter than anything.
Jeongin looked away shyly and turned his attention the the textbook in front of him.
"Are you any good at Chemistry?" Jeongin asked the older.
"I'm alright at it." He replied.
"Help me?" The younger asked cutely.
"What am I going to do? Say no?" Chan chuckled, the younger joining him.
- - -
Aquilegia had curled up on the table and fallen asleep while the two males worked on the youngers homework, having a 10-minute break for more hot chocolate and a small snack.
"aaaaand finished!" Jeongin sa up, stretching his back.
"Thank you, Channie!" Jeongin smiled.
"Anytime, Jeongin." Chan smiled back.
"Oh! It's 6:30!" The youngers eyes widened in shock noticing that two hours had passed.
"When DO you have to be home?" The older asked.
"I have an hour," Jeongin replied.
"Do you want to stay any longer?" Chan asked. "We can go on a short walk before you go home if you want?" Desperately wanting the younger to stay, he continued to offer more time to the boy.
"How about a walk?" Jeongin chose.
"I know! We can go on a walk and get some food while we are out!" Chan suggested.
"But I didn't bring money with me." Jeongin reasoned against getting food.
"So? I suggested it so I'll be paying." Chan replied happily.
"Hyung, you don't have to do anything for me." The younger tried to stop the older from suggesting anything more. It wasn't that he didn't want to go, he just didn't want the older to spoil him.
"Nonsense, we just spent 2 hours doing homework and I'm hungry now!" Chan whined.
"Alright then, let's go." Jeongin agreed, following the older out of the door.
- - -

🌼 : 1041 words
🌸: 2018.12.02
🌺: unedited