1 | In My Arms

Listen to SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK by Joji.
...

I walked through the eerie and abandoned halls: intoxicated, broken,

Lost.

I was losing my vision - I couldn't see anything past arms reach.

My heart was pounding so aggressively that each beat got me closer to the ground. I was stumbling and tripping over my own feet, but at least it was just me.

No one was here.

So I screamed at the top of my lungs in the middle of the hallway. I screamed for my pain, my sufferings,

For my love.

I screamed so loud to the point my throat burned with fire; to the point that I had to kneel because all my strength went into my cry.

When I finally stopped, I let my shoulders slouch and tilted my head towards the ceiling. I saw darkness - and nothing but darkness.

But I mean, what did I expect? It was so late.

However, I knew the house was wrecked. I remember punching walls, throwing bottles, and scattering all my belongings on the floors of each room - all except for the master bedroom.

Suddenly, my eyes started to burn and each tear stung my raw face.

There was an emptiness in my chest - an emptiness that keeps on eating at me. An emptiness that is growing out of control.

My arms and legs felt so numb. I tried to move my head to look around, but I just couldn't.

"Dabin?"

I kept my eyes glued to the ceiling and I did not dare to answer that whisper.

"Yeonwoo, please answer me."

My tears began to fall furiously and I couldn't hold back. I failed to hold in my cries and my sobbing, but I didn't dare to look at her.

Just then, I felt her hand gently caress my shoulder and I froze. It was too familiar, too genuine, too loving.

When she moved herself to kneel down right in front of me, my heart stopped. She glowed and radiated warmth and home. Her long, chocolate hair had been beautifully waved while framing her angelic face. She wore a white dress from what I could see, and it matched her milky complexion.

This can't be real.

"N-Nanc-cy?" I whispered.

This really can't be real.

She flashed me that million dollar smile and placed both of her hands on my cheeks, wiping my tears with the pads of her thumbs.

I felt embarrassed - she looked so clean, so proper, so perfect.

While I'm covered in filth, cuts, and bruises.

"Baby, please," she says as she continues to wipe my tears away, "don't cry. I'm right here."

I cautiously moved one of my hands to my face to make sure I wasn't dreaming and it was met with her smooth and soft hand. I took my time and grazed my fingers along each of her own to make sure they were hers.