6 | Happy Valentine's Day [Y]

Yeonwoo's POV

...

I hate Valentine's Day.

Don't get me wrong, I love every individual thing about it.

I just don't understand why this day is about love - we show the people we love that we care about them everyday, so why isn't everyday a Valentine's day? And what do roses and chocolate have to do with love?

It's so weird.

But since I'm friends with the president of my department, I've been forced to help decorate some of the campus corridors and stuff.

Such a drag.

But, I'm only doing this for Hyebin.

It is only 7 in the morning, yet I already see people making out at every corner.

Another reason why I hate Valentine's Day.

Get a room...

After rolling my eyes for the millionth time, I finally got to Hyebin's office that was at the end of the student council corridor. Right when I arrived at her door, it was already opened and my eyes were scarred with the sight of her making out with her girlfriend, Jooe.

Pfftt, at least they got a room.

"Ahem."

Hyebin and Jooe pulled away from each other and seemed unfazed that I just interrupted their little session. When I took a better look at her bland office, I saw a few boxes filled with red streamers and balloons that have yet to be blown. I guess I'm stuck with these.

"Hey, I didn't think you'd actually come!" Hyebin said as she engulfs me in a hug.

I chuckled, "I didn't think I'd come here either - hey Jooe."

"Hey Yeonwoo," she replies with a smile.

"Sooo," I started off, "What do you need me to do?"

Hyebin grabs the box with streamers and balloons and places them in my arms, "Alright, I want you to go to the science building and hang up some of these. It's always dead in that place."

I chuckled at the thought, "I know, the science majors at this school have no idea on what fun is."

My friend laughs, "I know, they're always so serious."

"Okay, so after I put these up, I'm good?"

"Yup!"

"Alright then."

And before I left, Jooe calls out to me, "Yeonwoo! I can help you out - I'll catch up with you in a bit."

"Don't take too long!" I called back. Right when I was 5 steps away from the door, it closed and all I heard after that were giggles.

I let out a deep sigh...

My friends are freaks...

...

It wasn't a total mission to get to the science building, but I did have to make a few turns here and there.

When I got to the location, all I saw were colours of beige, blue, and white. Damn, this place is super dead.

When Jooe finally arrived, we blew balloons and stuck them along main door frames to make them look like cute walk way entrances. We even spiced up some of the lecture hall doors by adding streamers on top of doors that would cascade on student's heads and shoulders.

But being in that building literally drained the life out of me.

When we finally finished everything, it was already 10am and my first lecture started in about 30 minutes. So, when Jooe and I parted ways, I made my way to the coffee shop for a quick cup.