6.2 | Sooo, What's happening?

...

"No way..." we both muttered under our breaths.

I sat frozen on my seat, looking down at the paper Yeonwoo held tightly in one hand.

What is happening?

The next thing I knew, she grabbed my wrist and gave me enough time to snatch my jacket before forcefully leading me out the door and in front of the coffee shop window.

"Mcdonie?! YOU? WHAT?!"

"Shut up Lee, you're already making a scene..." I whispered while avoiding any kind of eye contact with her.

"YOU'RE N.M?! YOU?!"

"Holy shit Yeonwoo, people are staring..."

My so called "lover" was pacing from left to right with her hands on her waist, occasionally scratching her head.

I would've been acting the same way, but I honestly didn't want to draw any more attention to us.

After cooling down, Yeonwoo asks in a terrifyingly calm voice, "Can I Please see that letter?"

Once handing it to her, I tried analyzing her expression. Most of her face read complete and utter shock, frustration, and in some way,

Embarrassment?

"Are you trying to prank me Mcdonie? Are you and N.M trying to fool me? Cuz it's really not funny," she says in the straightest, coldest face possible.

Is she kidding me right now?

"Why would I even do that to you? I never knew you were L.D til now - how could I have possibly planned this?"

She took a step towards me, "I know you're out to get me. I don't know why, but this is crossing the line."

After she said this, I realized that I had enough of her accusations, "For fucks sake Yeonwoo, IM N.M - NANCY MCDONIE, WHAT DO I HAVE TO PROVE?"

"NOW YOU'RE YELLING AT ME? WHAT HAPPENED TO NOT MAKING A SCENE?!"

"YOU'RE JUST TOO STUBBORN TO EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING!"

Suddenly, we both heard banging against glass and we jumped until we realized it was just frat boys cheering us to fight from inside the coffee shop.

Ugh, I hate men.

Again, Yeonwoo takes my wrist and brings me to a more secluded area.

"Seriously Yeonwoo, what aren't you getting? I'm N.M, I'm the person you've been writing to for months."

She sighs in defeat, crosses her arms, and leans her head back, "Why did it have to be you?"

I scoffed, "Well sorrryyyy for not being your Prince Charming. And what's with L.D anyways?"

She glared at me, "Stands for Lee Dabin - it's what my parents would've named me."

"Why not go with L.Y?"

"Are you stupid? It would've been so obvious."

"Are YOU stupid? There are so many people on campus with the initials L.Y."

"Pfft, whatever."

"And why would you even think I was pranking you? How could I have possibly gotten the message that you agreed to meet up with whoever you thought N.M was here, at 3:30?"

"Why would I think YOU were pranking me? WHY? Seriously Marshmallow head? You've BEEN out to get me, and it wouldn't be hard to believe."

"ME??? You've been out for me too you lazy pig, who's to say you aren't playing me?"