2 | Flowers and Spirits

Listen to Easy by Mac Ayres
...

Waking up in Bora Bora always felt like waking up in a dream. Cotton candy sunrises, gentle and misty breezes, and the quiet mornings was all Nancy looked forward to every single day.

She'd always wake up super early every morning and go out to watch the sunrise on the beach.

And everyday, she always saw her.

Her mystery girl.

Nancy accidentally found this hidden hiding spot on the island after losing her way on a trail one morning, but this island girl was always by the cliff, closing her eyes, tilting her head up and slightly to the side, facing the sunrise.

And Nancy couldn't help but admire her beauty from a distance.

The glow of each sunrise hit her face perfectly, giving her a golden complexion and making her shine in the sun.

And many times, she'd see this girl hold a flower in her hands and lift it against the sky.

As each day passed, Nancy realized that she began falling for her mystery girl.

...

One morning, she was walking by the shore with her feet grazing the area in which the sand and ocean intersected. Not really knowing where she was going, she just decided to walk deeper into the water in a more secluded part of the island where she was sure no person would be at this early.

As the sun rose, Nancy decided to do what the island girl always does and closes her eyes. By doing this, she felt the kisses of the salty ocean mist and the warmth of the sun radiating on her skin.

While Nancy faced the sun, she was completely unaware of the girl observing her from the trees.

...

Later that day, some of Nancy's friends invited her to a party at the beach and although she was hesitant, what drew her to the event was the possibility of meeting her.

And the drinks - we can never forget those.

Back in Nancy's hut, she sat on the steps of her porch and watched the sunset. It was so quiet and so peaceful, so she relished this moment by looking at the water and listening to what was around her. The gentle rustle of palm leaves, birds cawing, and waves washing up on shore.

Evenings like this convinced her to stay in her little hut and meditate for hours.

She took deep breaths and leaned her body on a wooden pillar - the golden hour definitely did her justice as she glowed a beautiful golden colour. Her eyes reflected a bright hazel with specs of gold due to the light hitting her, and her soft, chocolate hair that has been waved was delicately dancing with the wind.

When she finally heard laughter getting closer, Nancy smiled and stood up, waiting to greet her friends and she was welcomed with bear hugs and bright personalities.

"You guys made it on time for once," Nancy grins.

"Hell yeah, this is the first time you ever agreed to go to a party with us," Jooe says as she playfully punches Nancy's arm.

"Come on, let's get you dressed," Daisy chuckles as she laces her arm with the Nancy's.

Along with Daisy and Jooe, Ahin and Taeha followed the girls into the hut. There was nothing much in the place as it kind of resembled a bachelor pad. It was a very open concept space and all the way on the far side, a screen separated a bed from the living area.

You see, Nancy doesn't really get many visitors and prefers to go over to her friend's places, even though it was quite a distance - which explains for her toned figure.