8 | Security 101

(I just thought this would be a cute story)

Yeonwoo POV

...

After a long day of sleep, Netflix, and eating, it was finally time for me to get ready for my night shift at the Superstore - which was an hours drive from my apartment.

Being one of the security guards in the store wasn't eventful at all. Sure, I've kicked a few kids out and banned this one guy from coming back, but that was honestly the most action I've gotten within...

What, 2 years now?

Despite the fact, I enjoy my placement at the Superstore because of all the friends I've made that work in the store and as my fellow bodyguards.

But to be really honest, I wasn't really feeling it today - none of my friends are working with me tonight.

PLUS, I was also told last minute another guard was going to transfer to the area to replace Hyebin - who is now being promoted as head in our district.

That, unfortunately, leaves me with the new guy to orient them and to pretty much babysit for the first shift.

It was only 5 in the afternoon and my shift started at 7:30pm.

"Hmmm, that gives me an hour to get ready," I couldn't help but say to my cat, Leo.

As I brush back her hair, her soft purrs make me giggle. She was extremely fluffy with bright, blue eyes that never fail to get me babying her.

But as adorable as she was, I had to get ready. And so, I filled her bowl with some milk and got my shower running.

...

Holy shit, I hate traffic...

Luckily, I left a little early and got into my parking spot just in time for my switch.

I was relieving Jane from her shift...

That lucky bastard...

When I stepped through the doors of the store, it was pretty quiet. The occasional call for a backup cash and that kind of stuff, but I didn't see many customers.

Being that I arrived just on time, I actually didn't have my uniform on and I was literally hauling it around in my arms.

The change room, staff room, and camera room were just at the back of the store, but since it was a SUPERSTORE, I was practically running through aisles.

Passing the ice cream and frozen goods aisle, baby clothes, electronics, and mattresses.

Just one more corner and I'll be-

But before I could go into the security hall, I just had to painfully body check someone - and the next thing I know, I'm on top of this girl...

This beautiful?

Angelic?

Piece of art?

That I'm on top of...

Milky, flawless skin,

A perfect, yet cute nose,

A beauty mark resting over her upper lip and on her chin.

Wow she's-

"Owww," she groans quietly.

"OH MY GOD," I exclaim instantly, "I'm sooooo sorry, are you alright?"

I quickly snap out of my senses and jump to my feet. Then, I extended my hand to help her out - momentarily feeling flustered as her hand was SOOO much more softer than I have ever expected.