7 | My Murderer

Nancy POV

...

"Fuck, that must've hurt," I whispered to myself.

At this very moment, I watched one person get an arrow to the back of their head and was disintegrated by some next weapon some girl found. Thankfully, I was hiding behind a huge pile of rubble and whoever the killer was mustn't have seen me.

Being in level 25 was no joke anymore...

You see, I honestly just woke up one day and I was living my life.

Until I died.

And woke up again.

But when I woke up, for some reason, I had a health bar in my vision, a backpack filled with a bunch of food and tools, and a whole new wardrobe dedicated to camo and black.

And that's when I realized.

Motherfucker, I don't know shit about combat games.

And well...

Yeah, I was living in a game.

Sometimes, I'd like to refer to my "life" as Battle Royale and Call of Duty on drugs. We level up whenever we find chests/rewards and kill, but I don't really know when this game all ends because I just keep on waking up.

The worst thing about this game is that when you're about to die, you feel the pain. When you wake up, it's a dull sore, but still-

"Surprise bitch," a gun jerked my head forward.

I rolled my eyes and all I muttered was,

"Fuck."

...

Hey again.

Now, I'm at the roof of some old building and in front of me, laid a knife, a pistol, and a shotgun.

Battling a small headache, but it's all good.

Using my bag, I stuff the weapons inside, leaving the knife out.

The reason why I'm in level 25 is because I'm a really good scouter - I don't kill unless I have to.

Through the debris and abandoned streets, I went from house to house looking for first aid kits, extra clothes, food, and obviously the chests.

When I turned into an alley way, I immediately spotted a dark figure finishing off their prey and I didn't think twice before hiding myself behind a huge waste deposit.

When I took a peak, I saw their eyes from afar - icy and emotionless.

Shit, they saw me.

Before I could run, I waited to make sure they were trailing me - but the thing was, I couldn't hear a thing.

After a few more seconds, I decided to take a peak out and-

"HOLY FUCK!"

The girl's face was dangerously close to my own with a knife piercing me deep in the gut.

Her head moved right to my ear and her freakishly seductive voice muttered, "You need to learn how to stay quiet sweetheart."

If the knife lodged into me wasn't there, I would've definitely been flustered as hell; but all I could think of was the pain slowly engulfing me.

When I coughed, blood spurted onto the ground and her shirt.

I would've cursed this bitch but I had no energy to even open my mouth.