8. 2 | Security 101

...

"And there you go, that's pretty much everything," I said as I extended my arms out.

"This place is cute."

"But you're cuter," I teased.

She checks me out from head to toe and smirks, "I beg to differ."

This whole time, we've been explicitly flirting with each other and even though I usually feel confident, her comebacks throw mine under the bus.

I kinda felt intimidated, but oddly enough, I was having so much fun.

We were the only people in the store and it was only 3 hours into the night shift - leaving us with 7 more hours until the next guards take our place.

"Soooo," Nancy sighs, "What do you wanna do?" But even before I answered, she fires back, "other than play games up there for the rest of the night."

I smiled, "I think you're beginning to know me all too well."

She leans on the nearest shelf and says with a smile, "Well if I'm only starting to get to know you, I wanna know more."

This girl is very intriguing.

Suddenly, she takes my hand and guides me through the aisles until we reached the bedding area.

The next thing I knew, she was running to a mattress and literally dives onto the bed.

My amusement has definitely gone beyond the roof.

Naively, she lifts her head to look at me and asks, "Well? Are you gonna join me?"

Without a second thought, I belly flop right beside her and she starts giggling, which gets me laughing too.

"Comfy."

"Mhmmm."

"How about some pillow talk?"

I chuckle, "We're supposed to be watching the cameras."

"We'll go up in a bit," and before she continues, she rolls onto her stomach and rests her head on her hand to look at me, "Just tell me one thing about yourself that you've never told anyone else."

Despite just meeting Nancy, I already felt so drawn to her and it kinda freaked me out. Only because I instantly told her, "This wasn't really a big deal, but when I was really young - maybe 7 years old - I actually had my first kiss with a girl. But, I lied years later and told everyone I kissed this boy when I was in the fifth grade."

"Spicy," she giggles.

"Ewww, get out of here."

"Soo, are you into girls or was that kiss an innocent mistake?"

I chuckled at her question, "I lean more to girls - men are disappointing."

"I can totally relate."

"So you're-"

"I can do both if that's what you're asking."