6 | Happy Valentine's Day

Don't Know You
By Heize

Nancy POV

...

I hate Valentine's Day.

Not because I'm single or anything.

I just hate it.

It lets people think their extreme PDA on this day is justifiable. Like gheezz, girllll, get your hands away from his pants.

At this time of the year, I honestly can't help but roll my eyes a million times over.

Freaks...

My dorm is filled with a bunch of freaks.

During my freshman year in the dorms, I made the biggest mistake of my life and stayed in my room on Valentine's Day.

I have been scarred for life ever since that horrid, stupid day...

Pffttt... more like week.

Now, all I do for Valentine's Day is sleep over at my friend's place that lives just outside of campus and we watch romcoms in spirit of this cash-grab holiday and eat a shit ton of ice cream and heart-shaped chocolate that we'd buy for each other.

It sounds lonely, but it's okay, we're lonely together.

As I made my way to class, I maneuvered myself from the army of couples who were being super lovey dovey and gross, but I failed to dodge this one girl.

The one person I could not stand to see, even on a good day.

Lee Yeonwoo.

Ever since I've met her, she's been nothing but a jerk and a total arrogant snob to me. I don't know what I did to deserve this victim role, but I don't care - I can't stand girls like her.

I was kind of surprised that she wasn't making out with some girl or guy in the halls.

You heard me right - she was out and proud. Not forgetting to mention, she's the university's heartthrob, a genius, a varsity athlete, and... like I said before,

A bitch.

"Yo, watch where you're going," she scowls at me as I accidentally shove her with my shoulder.

I scoffed, "Maybe you should tell yourself the same thing." Hey, it wasn't my fault we turned the corner at the same time, I didn't see her!

"Whatever marshmallow head."

"Shut up lazy pig."

You must be thinking - why the hell are we calling each other by nicknames? Well, we're too bothered to say each other's names.

And I gave her this nickname because one night when we had to work on a group effort for the university, she kept on teasing me and bossing me around to do everything while she did nothing.

Lazy snob...

Honestly, the only time of the day that I would look forward to is going to my mail box and read letters from my pen pal. I found this person online on the University's confession forum after they told the world they were going through a rough time coming out and all that jazz. Even if it wasn't something I'd normally do, I reached out to this person on a whim and told them that I was here for them.

I totally understood where they were coming from because I went through it all too. And ever since then, we've kind of been talking for a while.

I'm pretty convinced I'm falling in love with this person.