Do You Know?

Most people would call Harry cold and vain, and maybe to some, that was completely true. His parents got divorced when he was seven, and he'd seen his mother cry too many times to still believe in romance. It was fun and games until one person left and the other suffered the aftermath of what had been 'forever'. So he had always told himself that, the only people he was allowed to love, was his mother, his sister, and himself, the rest of the world didn't matter.

Ever since he moved to London, he'd missed his family a lot. His sister, Gemma, was a travel photographer, but he could never get used to not seeing her around, and had to text and call her every day. Last night on the phone, Gemma had told him she was in Japan and they'd had a two-hour conversation about sushi and her learning Japanese. That was why he didn't expect her to show up at his door the next morning.

"You could've called me to pick you up at the airport," Harry said, beaming as he held the door open for his sister walk in.

"I wanted to surprise you. That's the best part!" 

Gemma strutted around the living room and seated herself down on the sofa, scanning her eyes around the place. She knew about her brother living with a girl, but she had never met her yet, and to be honest, she was dying to. Harry had been talking about his flatmate nonstop lately. Sometimes he even ended the call early just to go watch a movie with Y/N. It was always "Y/N this", "Y/N that". Something seemed suspicious, and Gemma was here to find out.

"Why are you staying in a hotel when you can just stay here with us?" Harry brought his sister a glass of water and sat down next to her. "I'll sleep on the couch, and I'm sure Y/N won't mind either. She's very nice. I cannot wait for you to meet her."

"Where's she?"

"At the library, but she'll be home soon."

"Does she even know about me?"

"Of course she does," Harry answered with a smile. "I told her about you and mum all the time."

Gemma was a bit shocked to hear this. Her brother had never been the kind of person to talk about his personal life with just anyone. And that subconscious smile on his face when he mentioned Y/N didn't go unnoticed. Gemma wasn't only his sister, but also his best friend. She knew him even better than he did. Harry didn't like to show his true emotions, but whenever he felt so passionate about something, he couldn't hide it at all. This something, in this case, was someone.

"She seems special to you," the older sibling spoke after taking a sip of water, and Harry immediately responded with a warning glare.

"Don't even try." 

"Try what?" She batted her eyelashes innocently at him.

"Your whole shipping game, Gem. You want me to say I have feelings for Y/N. It's not gonna happen."

Gemma raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Well, do you?"

"I don't," Harry straight off denied but his short hesitation gave himself away. Still, Gemma said nothing. He was already on the edge of his seat after seeing her cheeky grin.

"Gem, just please don't try to embarrass when Y/N comes home. I still have to live with her," he finally begged, looking almost miserable which Gemma found oddly hilarious.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." She giggled, locking her lips with an invisible key and tossing it over her shoulder. That was when Y/N's voice caused them both to turn to the door.

"Harry! I'm home!"

It nearly caused the boy to throw himself off the sofa. Ignoring his sister laughing at him, he got to his feet, just in time his flatmate walked in. The smile on her face dropped once she saw their unexpected guest, and Gemma quickly stood up and approached her with a friendly smile. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Gemma!"