New York

"Congratulations!"

Hana looks up from the documents on her working desk and finds Harry smiling down at her. She looks rather confused, so without waiting for her to ask, Harry continues anyway, "I just ran into Daiki by the coffee machine and he said you were going to New York on Wednesday."

"Daiki who?"

"The marketing guy."

"Ugh I hate the marketing department!" Hana pinches the bridge of her nose and asks him to take a seat.

Harry pulls a chair and sits down in front of Hana, seemingly confused by her reaction to what's supposed to be good news. "What's wrong? The CEO picked you for this trip to New York and you're here looking like you just won a oneway ticket to hell."

"Because it's the same thing." Hana sighs, resting her chin on her knuckles. "Do you know who's coming with me?"

"Who?"

"Rei."

"Oooh, I like her, she's nice!" Harry exclaims, smirking as he tells her, "she gave me a donut yesterday."

"She did that to get your attention, Harold. Someone gave you a donut and you assumed she's nice." Hana exhales a laugh as she watches Harry furrow his eyebrows. "That girl hates me."

Harry squints his eyes in response. "And that would make me change my opinion about her because...?"

Hana's eyes grow wide as she snorts, grabbing an eraser on the table then tosses it at Harry but he successfully dodges it in a flash. As the two of them burst into laughter, a man walks up to Hana's desk to greet her with the first great news of the day.

"Good morning Hana, Harry."

"Hey Mac!" Hana looks up, smiling at her colleague and so does Harry.

"I need to tell you something," says Mac. Harry immediately stands up when he hears that but Mac stops him midway. "It's fine, stay, I'll be quick."

Harry sits back down, then Mac begins, "so I was supposed to book a hotel room for you and Rei for the trip but she just called me this morning. Unfortunately she got into an accident last night, she's fine but has to stay in the hospital for at least two weeks."

"YES!"

Hana's excitement causes the two men to stare at her, so the girl quickly clears her throat then lowers her voice. "I mean...I'm glad she's fine."

Mac lets out a sigh. "So you want to pick someone else to come with you or let the boss decide?"

"Well..."

"Hey, can I go?" Harry volunteers unexpectedly, making Hana exchange looks with Mac before turning to face him.

"Harry, I'm not sure an intern can go," she says.

Harry's face falls at the answer he receives, that frown, however doesn't get to stay for long.

"It's okay, the boss said H was better than most employees here, I'm sure H can go. I'll ask him for ya. Don't worry." Mac gives Harry a small smile, making the boy's heart topple over as he hears the news.

"Thank you!" Harry rises from his seat and shakes the man's hand with both of his, then happily shoves them into his pockets as he watches Mac walk away.

Hana giggles a bit at the intern's reaction. "You seem to like New York."

"Not New York," Harry replies. "My girlfriend is there until Friday. If I can go I'll get to see her again, maybe surprise her."