Last Chapter

"Do you want to keep these?"

Y/N holds up a box of old books she found in Harry's closet and tries not to kick over the carton boxes, or step on random objects lying on the bedroom floor, as she brings it to him.

He picks up one book, checks the front cover, and the back, then puts it back inside the box.

"They can go," he says.

"I know an old bookstore that may want to rebuy them," she tells him, setting the box down and dusting off her hands. "Do you think we're keeping too many stuff?"

"Well, you're the one who wouldn't let me throw away most of them, including those Christmas decorations from last year."

"Christmas isn't a one time thing, H! We can reuse them!"

"You might as well just pack the whole flat with you to our new one."

Y/N rolls her eyes and sits down on the floor, sighing as she does. Harry's right, she should probably get rid of what they haven't touched in over a year. It's impossible to bring everything to their new place, but she's trying to keep as many as possible. Throwing something in this flat away makes her heart sting, because everything here holds a memory of her and Harry and she's not ready to let go just yet, even though they're moving out tomorrow.

"I can't believe this is really happening," Y/N mumbles when she pulls out a box from under Harry's bed and opens it. Harry soon joins her on the floor and helps her unbox another one.

"Love, you said the exact same thing last week at our graduation," he tells her, chuckling a little bit at her facial expression.

"It's not me! Everything is just moving too fast!" She replies with a sigh.

It feels as if they'd only met yesterday, and their time in university had already passed in just a blink of an eye. Harry may not care a lot about leaving this place, in fact he seems like he's actually happy now that they're moving into a bigger flat. Y/N, on the other hand, struggles to let go of the past and begins anew.

"What?" Y/N questions when she catches Harry smirking at her.

"Just thinking about our new life together, s'all." His answer makes her smile, but then he furrows his eyebrows and pulls a very serious face which gets her confused for a second. "You know, it's still not too late for you to back out."

"Love, you said the exact same thing when we first met!" Her almost accurate imitation of his voice cracks him up.

"That impression was spot on," he admits. "I'll give you that."

Y/N responses to Harry with a proud smile on her face, then she resumes checking what's inside the box between her legs. This one is full of her boyfriend's old clothes, most of these Harry hasn't touched in years. She goes through it real quick, then a piece of clothing really catches her eyes. She excitedly pulls out a red sweater with a huge Santa Claus head printed on the front and the words 'Merry Christmas' on the back. It's pretty extra, she must admit, but that was why she bought it in the first place.

"I got you this on our first Christmas here!" She shows it to him with a wide smile on her face whereas he groans and covers his with both hands.

"Oh God, that sweater!"

"What? It's cute! How come I've never seen you wear it again?"

"It's way too...much, Y/N!"

Y/N puckers up her forehead and shoves the sweater back inside the box, pouting as she tells him, "fine! If you hate my Christmas gift so much I'll throw it away then!"