four - let the truth sting

Shout out to my best friend Kelly because I didn't believe she read this book so I tested her by asking what Hazel's name was and she said

"Hazel muthafukin Rogers"

You're welcome.

Hazel's POV

Peggy came into the room after 30 minutes, looking very pale.

"Miss Peggy are you okay?" I gently touched her arm.

"I'm fine Hazel, it's time to go." She handed me my bag.

"But I want to say goodbye to Mr. Stark." I put the bag around my shoulders.

"You'll see him again no worries." she put her hand on my shoulder and led me out.

"See him again? I'm not going to the orphanage?" I stopped walking and turned around to face her.

"No. You're staying with me." She urged me along.

"You're adopting me?" I felt the happiness well up in my heart.

"Yes, yes I am" she smiled and walked out the secret door then out the antique shop.

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" I hugged her really tightly.

"Okay calm down hazel" she hugged me back then opened the door to my seat.

"Your gonna be my mother?" I buckled myself in.

"Yes" she replied bluntly and quickly.

She didn't seem too excited, she seems sad all of a sudden, or maybe she just acts this way I haven't known her that long but I will now.

After silence for about 20 minutes I spoke up. "Why are you adopting me all of a sudden?"

"I have my reasons Hazel, plus you're a special child." She spoke with no emotion.

"C-can I ask why I'm special?" I leaned my head against the window.

"Hazel you stopped a car with no injuries, you're a strong kid." Peggy made a turn onto the neighborhood street.

"Why am I strong?" I counted the houses passing by.

"Honestly, you have super soldier serum in your blood." She pulled up the driveway.

"How?" I opened my door and put my bag around me.

"I don't know Hazel" she said quickly. "Now put your mind to rest." We walked up the stairs and she unlocked her front door.

"Okay Miss Peggy." I walked to my room.

"Hazel, Call me Peggy." She hanged her coat up.

"Okay....Peggy" I went into the same room and unpacked once again.

Wow.....a home.....

        •
MONTH TIME SKIP

"Hazel time to get up!" I heard Peggy's voice from the kitchen.

"Okay!" I pulled off my covers.

I haven't done much, I don't have anything to entertain myself. Plus Peggy just sends for babysitters when she off doing who knows what.

She gave me a few new things to take care of myself like a hairbrush, a toothbrush and she tailored the nightgown to fit me better. Plus she gave me one of her old dolls to help me with boredom.

"I'm not being sent in today so I think we should run a couple errands." She said back while I was in my room putting the same old dress on.

"Okay that sounds fun!" I finished getting ready and walked out to see her cooking breakfast.