five - lightning and slumber

Natasha and me watched the skies. Thunder came from nowhere.

"Said anything about the tesseract?" Fury muffed voice came from the headset.

"Not a word." Natasha glanced back.

I could feel my eyes getting heavy, I'm used to going to bed at nine pm and up at six am. I cant wait to get back to the hellicarrier so I can sleep.

"Just get him here. We're low on time." Fury's voice was heard again.

With Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony and Steve watched from a distance in front of me whispering.

"I don't like it." Steve said.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony
sassed.

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

I looked outside and watched the rain dance down the glass.

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

I forgot how old he is, heck I'm technically 68 but I still go by 11 since I think that way and I look that way.

"What?"

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle."

Steve looked at Tony, finally meeting his ego match.

"What's Pilates?" I raised my eyebrow.

Tony turned and looked at me "Oh of course you wouldn't know either Hazsicle"

"Don't call me Hazsicle" I crossed my arms and leaned back in my seat.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

THUNDER and LIGHTNING nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently.

I suddenly remembered we were over water, I really hate water, I don't want to go down in this quinjet.

I could feel the panic setting in so I closed my eyes and hugged my knees. The only way I can calm down.

I blocked everything out but I felt a hand touch my arm.

I looked up and Steve was kneeled down next to me.

"You okay?" He said in a soft, comforting tone.

"Not really, I hate water." I could feel the cold water drowning me when I went under.

"It's okay to be afraid of something, I don't like water that much either, especially cold water" he smiled at me.

I felt calmer because he shared the same fear as me. I bet he thinks it's a small fear due to not swimming or accidentally falling in a pool at a young age or something. He doesn't know I was thrown off a cliff by his best friend into freezing icy water and slept for years and years.

"That makes me feel better" I smiled back.

"Just don't look out the window...and think about something that makes you happy, It helps" He stood up and walked back to where Tony was.

I put my legs down and I could breathe normally again.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha said loudly. Thunder RUMBLED overhead. Loki stared out the window intensely.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve said to Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows."