ten - stone cold lier

Hazel's POV

Bang...

Bang...

BANG!

My eye shot open. I was in a rusty cell.

I felt all the air in my lungs get cut off and panic began to set in. Where am I? where is Peggy?

"Peggy? PEGGY? HELP ME, GET ME OUT" I screamed in terror.

"Miss Rogers, There is no point is screaming." A man's voice was heard and I also heard footsteps in the shadows.

"Who are you? Please let me out!" I felt tears stream down my face.

"You already forgotten me Hazel?" The man's voice chuckled and he stepped into the light.

"Phillip? Julienne killed you!" I stood there shocked.

"Already stopped calling her mother? Hazel, she taught you better then that." He walked over to a table nearby and poured water into a cup.

"She never taught me anything good. And you are a monster just like her!" I put my hands on the bars.

"You really grew up from that small scared child you were Hazel." he walked over to me and handed me the cup of water.

I faked a smile at him then I threw the cup against the wall and it shattered.

"Fine be dehydrated. It's funny, even though your mother disliked you, she always hid the truth to protect you. Just like Peggy." He walked up to the bars.

"Peggy doesn't hide anything from me." I crossed my arms.

"Are you sure? Hazel you really haven't pieced it together have you?" He laughed.

"Pieced what together?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He took a file out from his jacket and tossed to to me. "Go ahead, read it while you can." He smirked at me and walked out.

I opened it and it had a file of me from shield. My own file, why?

I flipped through it and it said stuff about my mother that I never knew.

'Julienne Black, Murdered In Cell.'

I wasn't sad but I wasn't happy, I felt numb. All this time I wished her dead. She's been dead since I was 5.

I kept reading. 'Steven Rogers, Killed In Action'

Why is his file here?

'Rogers, Hazel. Relation: Daughter'

"No, No" I inhaled "This is a lie, I'm not his daughter." I felt tears fall down my face.

Everything lined up. The date, my age, the super soldier serum.

I felt more tears fall down my face.

"It's not true." I whispered.

"IT'S A LIE!" I threw the papers everywhere and sobbed. My hair is messy and my clothes are covered in dirt.

"YOU ARE ALL LIERS!" I screamed and started pound against the wall.

"Liers." I stopped hitting the wall and slid down against it.

"Liers...they...are...all...Liers..." I pulled my knees up to my chest and sobbed harder then I ever had.

                              •   •   •

I heard the cell door open and I looked up, I had stained tears all over my face and I felt dead and broken inside.

"What do you want?" I said with no emotion.