twelve - i promise

I wrote this chapter while waiting for space mountain at Disney world, also if I see one more marvel shirt I will ka shoot myself. Endgame follows me everywhere

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers." I heard my dad's voice as I sneaked to the stairs. That means he escaped with Sam and Nat. I smiled as I ran up the stairs.

This is a building with many floors but it's safer then the elevators. "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down." The whole headquarters can hear my dad speak.

I ran up but I heard a pair of footsteps. As I was about to swing I saw the face of Sam and halted my hand. "I could have hit you!" I whisper shouted.

He gave me a shocked look. "I was just on my was to break you out." He looked at the blood and wounds all over my face and arms. "What the hell happened?"

"Long story short, I broke myself out, stole a car, and drove here miraculously without crashing." I rubbed some blood off my chin from my busted lip.

"But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA." Dad continued over the PA.

"Come on." He ran back up the stairs and I quickly followed.

"Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you." We bursted through a door. Dad was standing talking into the mic and Maria Hill was right next to him on a computer.

Dad paused for a second, looking at all the cuts, bruises and blood on my face and clothes.

"They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." as Dad finishes his speech Sam speaks up. "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

Dad chuckled but went up to me, putting his hand on my chin and looking at the injuries on my face.

"Hey I didn't die." I hugged him, he leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'm okay, I promise."

He held me like this was his first time seeing me in years. I knew he was worried. But I can tell he's angry, Not at me but at the people who hurt me.

I pulled back. "They took his memories, right in front of me. He was remembering you."

"I'll get Bucky back." He nodded. "Please, stay here where I know your safe." He nodded to Maria. He wanted her to keep an eye on me.

"Do you promise?" He hugged me again. I didn't object. He probably thought I was dead or brainwashed as well. "I promise."

With that he pulled away and motioned for Sam to follow him.

I sat down in the chair next to Maria.

My dad will win, he always does.

                               •   •   •

I couldn't keep still in the chair next to Maria, my leg bounced with anxiety. I'm surprised I haven't started chewing my nails yet.

"They're initiating launch." She spoke on her coms.

I stood up. "I can't sit here and do nothing!" I began to run for the door but Maria yelled to me. "Your father told you to stay put!"

"I'm not leaving the building." I said back and ran to the stairs, Going up.