two - hope for the hopeless

^^ SCROLL BACK UP AFTER YOU FINISH THE CHAPTER AND WATCH THE VIDEO FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT

I ran up the long staircase where my room was. A huge pole was on my bed from an explosion. If was a normal girl I wouldn't have been able to get around it but I'm not just any girl.

I put my hands in the middle of the huge pole and pushed. Making room so I could see my nightstand which had the dog tags on it.

I grabbed it and let the pole fall back. Great now that's done, I got to get out of here.

I had no clue what floor I was on but those stars looked promising. So I ran back out and up them again.

I got to a point where all I could smell was dust and guess what? Yep it was caved in. I can't get out this way.

Okay let's go down and see if there is another staircase. I booked it and started running down the stairs. But after going down about 30 or something damn floors I heard two voices.

It sounded a shit load like my old dude fury and he never dies so I'll just go to him and he'll help me out of this place.

I slowly opened the door and walked behind a machine, the second voice didn't sound so friendly.

I peeked my head up. The second guy had weird green armor on and his hair was slicked back but what stood out the most was the huge spear he was holding.

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose." The 'Loki' dude dramatically said.

The hell is Asgard?

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" I looked to my right and saw Selvig say to him. I met him twice but it was always small talk.

"We have no quarrel with your people." Nick held the case which held something in it.

"An ant has no quarrel with a boot."

Ant? Do We look tiny?

"You planning to step on us?"

"I come with glad tidings, of a world made free." Loki smirked at Fury.

"Free from what?"

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..." Like a gunslinger, Loki turned to face Selvig who's standing behind him and placed his spear against Selvig's heart.
Selvig's eyes glowed blue instantly.

I gasped and I saw Loki's eyes looked to my direction for a second but he looked back at
Selvig.

"You will know peace." Loki pulled back his spear.

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing." Fury said to Loki.

From the vacuum chamber ceiling, The Tesseract's energy cloud RAPIDLY builds into what looked like an implosion.

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us." I looked to see Clint, he had the same blue eyes

Dang not him, he was nice to me. He gave me some candy once in the cafeteria because they don't sell it. He must have got it outside of the base.

"Like the Pharaohs of old."

"He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical." Selvig stepped up to the computer.