Chapter Six.

Ramona sighs as she looks at her Mother Jillian, they sat at the dinner table with Louis and Fatima. Supposedly, there was a family meeting that they were doing but Ramona knew it was gonna be yelling at her intervention so she prepared herself. Jillian sighs as she sits her tea mug down, she knew that she was stressed out because she drank a lot of tea when she was stressed. "So I've gotten words about you riding around with this older white man who works at Harrell Budd?" She started and Ramona looks at Fatima who looked away, Ramona's eyes furrowed and she looks at her Mother. "Yes it's true," She muttered and Jillian nods her head then she takes a sip from her tea.

"You know, how I'm very upset about your situation and I feel you could have found someone more appropriate," Jillian tells Ramona, the black girl suddenly chuckles as she looks down. "Who's appropriate for me? AJ who not only cheated on me then have the nerve to tell me that I was nothing compared to the other girls he was with, Andrew who was Hispanic but he wanted me to be his slave, not his girlfriend and Tyrone who was a decent guy but he just was horrible at pleasing me and hardly ever showed me any affection at all," She stated and Jillian eyes her daughter, "Sex isn't everything," her Mother tells her.

Ramona suddenly rubs her forehead because she was forming a headache. "Momma, of course it isn't but that's literally the only thing that you got out of all what I just said. You make it seem like I'm just some whore, I screw every white man that I see just because I love rock music, I fucking love The Addams Family and I have a white soon to be but hopefully boyfriend. I'm just black as you, Daddy and every black person on this earth. I will never deny who I am but stop making it seem like I'm just doing everything wrong with my life and I don't even remember the last time you told me that you loved me!" Ramona ranted and Jillian was quiet for quite a while, Fatima and Louis could just feel the intensity. "Of course I love you Ramona, I'm just concerned for your safety that's all. Black people who get caught up with white people and their shit nowadays lead to chaos and I don't want you to be like Jessie."

Jessie Randolf, she lived about five houses down from here and it was the same age as Ramona. Met a white boy, they were together for a while and one day they went out to a road trip to Austin but they  came back. Her and her boyfriend were slaughtered by a bunch of Ku Klux Klan group members. No one knows who specifically did it and they are to this day free men. "Cain is not like that, he's very sweet and caring and he would never hurt me. I promise Momma, he's different and very special," Ramona assured her Momma and Jillian didn't want to but she nodded. "I want to meet him before you go out on this date together," Jillian stated and Ramona nodded with a smile.

The family meeting ended and the three went upstairs, right as they get into her shared room with Fatima, she slaps the back of Fatima's head. "You are always running your mouth!" Ramona groaned and Fatima hisses as she rubbed her head. Louis chuckled as he walked in behind Ramona. Fatima plops down on her bed and she pulls out a Playboy magazine. "I couldn't help but tell her, she gave me a full interrogation and so I caved," Fatima explained and Ramona groans because she could never tell Fatima anything without her Mom finding out. Louis rolled his eyes as he sits on the floor, his back against the bed. "You should never be told her anything about you two because you know Fatima is the first person that Momma goes to find out something because I'm not a snitch," Louis remarked and Ramona paced the floor because she was nervous that Cain might say something or do anything wrong.

Cain told her to put on her sexiest outfit she could wear, she has on a white silk t-shirt that had a V-shape cut and it shows some of her chests and she wore a denim skirt with her white go-go boots. She straightened her hair that took two hours to do and reaches her side because her hair didn't seem long but shrinkage made it short. She had other outfits but she didn't want to be uncomfortable. "God, I like him a lot and we're moving so fast and I don't even care, we're going at the pace we want to go and that's all I want," Ramona plops down on the bed and suddenly there was a knock on the door, she gets up and grabs her purse then she bolts out the room.