Chapter Twenty-seven.

Chip clears his throat as he looks at Dahlia who was laying on the carpet, she was quietly reading by herself

                  Chip clears his throat as he looks at Dahlia who was laying on the carpet, she was quietly reading by herself. They were on their daily visit to the library. His eyes trailed to the bookshelf and he sees a guy, his name was Jack. A real heavy tough name but he looked like a real tough guy but he was a pretty one. Jack looks up from the stack of books at Chip, he quickly looks away and he feels this heart beating so fast because he was trying to figure out what to say to him. He hasn't been so nervous in a while and he decided to push his fear aside because if he could see someone die in front of him then he could talk to a guy he was attracted to.

He gets up and he keeps an eye on Dahlia, he clutches the book in his hand and he approaches Jack. The tall blonde turns towards the brunette, Jack nods curtly. "How can I help you?" Jack questioned Chip, his eyes widen and he swallowed hard. "Um, I was wondering is there any more books in French that I could read?" Chip questioned and Jack smiles, a really nice and crisp smile. "I think we got some yesterday. Your daughter asked me the same thing last week, she's so cute and so smart. I popped in on Kids Literature group one day and she was reading the book instead of the lady reading it to her." He remarked as Chip followed behind him.

Chip smiles with a small shrug as he watched Jack look through the stack of books. "Yes, she's a lot smarter than me. Her Mom is a genius so I guess that's where she gets it from." Chip muttered and he hates bringing up Dahlia's Mom sometimes because it can get quite depressing for him. "Oh well, you're a lucky man." Jack smiles and Chip scoffed a little. "Not really, she left me to raise Dahlia all by myself." Chip said bluntly and Jack slowly nodded, there was a frown upon the dark blonde's lips. "I'm sorry, you did a good job raising her." He tells Chip and he shrugs. "It mostly my brother and his wife or well, my sister that helped me. I'm not the best father in the world." Chip shrugged and he felt a tug at his jacket. "But you are." Dahlia remarked and he looks down to see Dahlia.

Chip picks her up and Jack smiles as his fall onto Dahlia. "I'm truly convinced that your Dad might be the best Dad ever because I see him read to you and he is already teaching you different languages." Jack says and Dahlia nodded as she held out her hand. "What's your name, buddy?" Dahlia asked him and Jack looks at Chip who was smiling. "It's Jack Silverstone." He grinned and Dahlia's mouth parted she looks at Chip, she smirks a little. "Dahlia Papillon. You know.. my Daddy likes men too-"

"Dahlia." Chip says covering her mouth because he wasn't so open about it all the time but that little girl is not stupid, same look Cain gives to Ramona so she knew that Chip liked Jack. Jack cheeks grew a tinted pink and he smiles. "I do too, Dahlia, I already like you so much." Jack beamed and Dahlia looks at her Dad then she leans to his ear, cupping her mouth around her mouth. "Ask him to be your boyfriend." She whispered and Chip looks at her because she was so forward plus she was a bad whisperer and Jack was laughing softly. Chip sighs as he rubs his face because kids could say the most darndest things. "Would you like to go out sometime, somewhere outside of town maybe?" Chip asked Jack softly and the guy blue eyes bore into Chip's making him very nervous.