Chapter Twenty.

Ramona groaned as she felt someone shake her, she groaned a little more as she turned over. "Cain, I told you to leave me alone, you don't ever let me sleep in peace." Ramona groaned in her sleep, she heard a deep giggle and a baby giggle. She thought her mind was playing tricks but it sounded like Chip and Dahlia. She puts her pillow over her head and she sighs. "Say, wake up Aunt Ramona." Chip tells Dahlia, she giggles and she pats Ramona's should. "Wake up, Aunt Mona." Dahlia giggles and Ramona gasps as she throws her pillow off of her head then she turns over to see her Niece. "Dahlia!" Ramona exclaimed and she pulls the three-year-old niece into a hug. "My little Dally!" Ramona exclaimed and she hugs the little girl, she looked like a little Chip. His childlike eyes but they were brown, his jaw structure, tiny nose, and his smile.

Dahlia kisses Ramona's cheek and the woman strokes the little girl's hair. "It's been a couple of days but it felt like forever."

Chip lets out a cough and Ramona looks at him with a smirk. Ramona snickered as she pulls Chip into a hug. "I missed you to Chip, I really did." Ramona smiles as she hugs him. Chip pulls away and he looks at her face. "I saw Cain this morning and he gave me a quick rundown about what happened, are you okay?" He questioned and Ramona nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, I'm a strong woman and I'm just glad you're here because I hate being here by myself because people 'round here are nuts." Ramona whispered to him and Chip nodded, Ramona gets out of the bed and she picks up Dahlia.

Ramona took one look at her hair, it was in a crooked ponytail and she looks at Chip who looked really guilty but mostly embarrassed. "I tried.." he started and he rubs his face because usually, he would wash it once a week. Ramona told him and he would condition it then oil it to seal the moisture but it's got to the length where it needs to be styled properly. "She's a black princess Chip, she needs her hair to be done like one. I'll do her hair for you but you're gonna have to learn how to do it too." Ramona tells him and Chip nodded, Dahlia smiles at her Dad and he winks at her making Dahlia giggle.

Ramona does her hair and she shows Chip how to. Dahlia wore her hair in a cute little Afro that Ramona picked out for her. "See, you gotta make sure it's even all around and you can put a cute hair band or something around her head as well." Ramona tells him and he nodded then he watched Dahlia run off then she goes to pet Agnes who laid down. "I'm glad you're showing me this. I'm just a bit all over the place because being a single Dad is so hard and I'm really trying." He tells Ramona and she nodded as she rubs his back. "Yeah, I understand. You're doing well for being a single father and there's a lot of fathers out there who coward out of taking care of their kids but you didn't and you care about her so much." Ramona tells him and he grins as he runs his hands through his hair.

"Yeah, she's an easy child because I've heard the horror stories from Annette." Chip laughs and Ramona laughs. "Trust me, I was there Chip." Ramona remarked and Dahlia comes running over to Chip, she tugs on Chip's shirt. Dahlia points to the door and Chip smiles. "Use your words." He tells her and Dahlia stares at the door. "Ousside, please?" Dahlia questioned and Chip picks up Dahlia. "Of course." He tells her and he gets up.

Chip turns around and he grins. "Want to join us?"

Ramona nodded and she smiles, she gets up and she tells them she will be out there but she needs to put some clothes on and get herself together because she was feeling really nauseous. She comes outside and Dahlia was kicking a soccer ball around. "Dahlia is come down the field, her head high and she's looking determined, she kicks the ball and Chip Papillon her very good looking father stands in her way, she kicks the ball around him and he looks confused and she.. Scores!" He exclaimed and he starts making crowd roaring noises then Dahlia runs around with her her hands up. "Gooooaaaall!" She yelled and Chip high fives her, she sees Ramona and she motions for her to come out.