Chapter Twenty-nine.

warning chapter contains: cain and ramona being the freaks that they are

A couple of weeks passed and the school years was almost close to the end, the kids went to school year-round so Cain was very close to them because he sees them all the time. They were like his kids to him... at least a couple of them were. He sighs as he stood in front of his class, he smiles but it was a forced smile and he watches them get situated so they can hear what he had to say.

They all got quiet and Cain clears his throat. "I know that I haven't been here so long and I have grown close to each of you even though you drive me nuts but I still care and I want you go far in life. I'm saying this because me and family decided that we were gonna go back to Dallas." Cain tells them and Janice lets out a gasp. "It ain't my business but why?!" Janice questioned and Cain shrugs as he slips his hands in his front pockets. "For the safety of my family plus we're pretty lonely over here, our family all lives in Dallas so that wasn't the only reason why we want to move back."

Janice nodded and she looked very upset, she nodded and she sighs. "What are we gonna do? You're the only teacher that gives a shit about me-I mean us, you actually care and not a lot of us get that." Janice says and Cain nodded as he looks down. "I'm sorry but I have to do it for my family. I loved teaching you guys and I wish that I could take you all with me but.. That's just not how it works." He sighed and Cain could tell Janice was so angry, she was so pissed that she just sat quietly, leg bouncing.

He genuinely felt terrible because he was aware of her situation at home. Her mother spends her nights standing outside the corner store, her Father got up and just left her all on her own with her Mom who is never home. Janice would stay after school until it officially closed before going home because she was scared to go back home so early because she shared an apartment with her Mom's friends who weren't good people to be around and made her uncomfortable.

Cain breathes as he picks up the assignment, he starts passing it out and the class was quiet because they didn't want him to leave and they all were just in shock because it seemed like he was gonna stay. For the rest of the school day, it was him breaking the news and complete silence for him because everyone loves him and he didn't want him to leave.

Cain comes home and he couldn't help but feel down in the dumps, he truly believed that he might be the worst person in the world because they don't want him to leave. "Hey." He says walking into the house and Delilah comes running in the hallway, she smiles as she hugs Cain's leg. "Hi, Uncle Cain, how was work?" Delilah questioned and Cain smiles a little as he hugs her. "Hey, Dally and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." He mumbled and Dahlia looks up at him, she could see that he was either sad or tired but he looked like both to her. She pulls away and she walks next to him staring up at him, quickly computing on how she was gonna make him feel better.

Ramona was in the kitchen, she had Ophelia wrapped up against her stomach as she washed dishes and the little child was making random noises. Cain walks behind her and he kisses Ramona's cheek then Ophelia's head, instant smiling as she had her thumb in her mouth but of course Ramona didn't see because she would have taken it right out of her mouth. "Heyy, how was work?" Ramona questioned and Cain shrugged as he sits at the kitchen table. "It was absolutely horrible." Cain huffed and Ramona turns around, she knew that he told the kids about how they were moving back to Dallas. She frowns as she sits next to him and she grabs his hand but he pulls his hand away.