Lams

Romantic Anniversary Love Making bc I'm in the mood to right somethin sweet <3
A tad of angst though at the beginning

Third Person POV

John sighed as he got in his car. He had just finished his shift at Shelly's Pet Shop, a local pet store, and he was in a bad mood.

Today was his and Alex's one year anniversary, and Alex hadn't even so much as texted him a "Happy Anniversary". When he got out of bed this morning and rolled over to hug him, he wasn't there. He had gone to work early.

John pulled his drivers seat down in a lying position and grumbled grumpily.

"He's probably still at work.. He's probably drooling over that girl.. What was her name?? Elle?? Elez... Elizabeth?? I dont know.. No, he's probably head over heels for that Maria girl..." He glanced down at his body and frowned. "She's got curves that could kill.." He knew it was because she was girl and he was a guy, but he worried that Alex might chase her since her ass is bigger.

"No no no it has to be Jefferson!" He exclaims throwing his arms up. "He's always going on and on about the guy! 'Jefferson this, Jefferson, that!" He mocked Alex's voice, even if it didn't sound close to Alex's voice.

He realized he was yelling to himself in his car in a parking lot.

He sighed and fixed his seat up and started up his car. The engine purred and the radio from before started playing again. John never really listened to the songs on the radio. They weren't his type. He usually used his aux chord to play a bop or let a random program about sports or politics or news play in the background.

He drove down the road to their apartment, still grumbling to himself. He wasn't angry, he knew that. Was he disappointed? Well, not necessarily. What was he?

Sad.

And the realization hit him as he pulled up to their apartment.

He was sad Alex hadn't woken him up to talk to him. He was sad Alex hadn't called him all day. He was sad that Alex forgot such an important day. He was sad that Alex hadn't even texted him anything!

John clenched his teeth. He hadn't noticed the tears on his face.

"I-I-Its probably because I-I'm always pestering him.. A-And always asking him to buy me stuff and to c-cuddle me and pay attention to me... I-I'm such an IDIOT! W-What if he leaves me??". He rambles to himself. He parked his car and ran to his apartment door. He took out his key and shakily unlocked the door.

He was sobbing to himself. His plan was to finish up crying then get cleaned up. "I-I can't let him see my lik-"

He opened up the door and in the dining room stood Alex- the table dressed with a red cloth and mounted with a delicious meal and lit scented candles. Alex wore a white button up and black tie and pants, as well as dress pants. His hair was up as well. He wore a wide smile, which faltered at the sight of his weeping beauty, before turning to a frown as he rushed to him.

"Baby what's wrong?!" He asked worriedly, scooping him up in his arms. John was frozen in shock, trying to comprehend what was happening. Alex scooped him up and carried him to the couch. He set himself down with John in his lap, holding him and gave his forehead frantic light kisses. John was shivering in his arms.

"Shh..." He hushed rubbing his back. He comforted John and used his other hand to wipe his tears before lifting his pill head to face him.

"What happened?"

John looked away. "Y-You'll get mad.."

Alex frowned and turned him to face him. "Baby, whatever it is, I promise I won't get mad." He assured. John bit his lip before letting out a sob.