1.20

"hey

"hey." mackenzie yelled out over the noise of the orlando siblings jumping in their pool. she opened the gate and headed over to the side of the pool, leaving her bag by the entrance.

"hey." lauren laughed, screaming at johnny when he splashed her. "i told you- get away from me you fucktard!" she screeched, diving for his head to dunk him.

mackenzie laughed at the pair, watching them with amusement. it made her miss her own sister. she was determined to finish the to do list so that she could go go college loan free and party it up with her sister maddie.

lauren dunked john, and mackenzie smiled as john somehow resurfaced with lauren on his shoulders.

"LET GO OF ME!" lauren then yelled. johnny turned to face mackenzie with lauren in his clutches. "help!" lauren was yelling. "child abuse, this is child abuse!"

"john!" mackenzie laughed, and johnny pushed lauren off his back immediately. she fell backwards into the water, hitting it with a heavy splash and soaking mackenzie through

johnny's mouth formed an O, but he was trying not to laugh. "i'm so sorry." he snorted, placing a hand over his mouth.

"it's fine." mackenzie grinned. the way johnny was smiling at her made her knees weak. she could hardly even feel the water.

lauren resurfaced and was after revenge. johnny quickly swam the length of the pool to get away from her. shaking her head, mackenzie took a seat on the outdoor furniture.

"get your ass back in the water johnny orlando!" lauren yelled.

mackenzie looked up to find johnny walking towards her.

fUck.

he was ripped. and tan.

and heading her way.

she blushed, watching speechless as he came up to her and stood in front of her. "mackenzie." he said with an eyebrow raised, dripping wet and amused.

"i- what?" mackenzie stuttered. "hmm?"

"you're sitting on my towel." he told her. he was smiling now.

"oh! oh. i'm sorry!" she stood up so she could grab the towel but crashed into him in the process.

he fell back, and mackenzie just grabbed his waist in time to save his life. he'd almost fallen back into the glass coffee table behind them. they stood and stared at eachother, eyes wide. he was taut against her, muscles tense. her legs felt like jelly.

"my life just flashed before my eyes." johnny said.

they stared at eachother somberly for a while before johnny cracked a smile. then they were both laughing. mackenzie let go of his waist in shock and quickly handed him his towel.