Chapter 5

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives. |

It was the next morning. It wasn't unusual for you to stay at the Holland's overnight. It felt a little different though this morning and you didn't know why. Tom had woken up which made you start to wake up because you were still attached to him.

"No, Y/N. You don't have to get up right now. Haz and I will go make breakfast for you. I will come and get you when we are done, darling."  He whispered to you while you were half asleep. You nodded back at him and he left you in his bed. Tessa had somehow ended up right beside you during the night because she went flying off the bed when Tom left but immediately came back because she noticed you were not going to move. 

The twins saw you laying in Tom's bed. As the annoying little brother type people, they got on the bed and started to jump up and down until they both landed on top of you. You gave both of them the death glare and they looked at you and just laughed.

"You smell that downstairs. Mom is making a good breakfast for sure." The twins didn't know that Haz and Tom were making breakfast.

"Ummm... actually it is Tom and Haz making breakfast."

"Your joking Y/N! Didn't you see Haz's video of him trying to make pancakes." Harry stared at me like I was crazy.

"I did, but when they left this very room they said they were going to make breakfast. Bet $100." 

"Deal." Both of them ran down stairs as fast as they could. All you heard once they got down there was "Dammit!" You had obviously won since you heard that and decided to walked down stairs. 

"Good morning, Lovely! I am sorry these idiots woke you up." Tom said giving a death glare at the twins. They laughed both gave you $100 and left. The good thing about making bets with them is that you get double, but if you lose they have to spilt it. 

"It's all good. Tessa came and cuddled with me until they showed up." You replied back to Tom. "Did you stay the night here Haz?"

"No, I left around 11:30. I got back around 6:30 though because I didn't want to miss anything and I couldn't sleep." 

"Good. So what are we going to do today?" You asked because you were going to base your outfit off of it. 

"Why don't I just go over to you house and help you pick out something for what we are doing." He knew exactly why you asked and you loved that about him.

We all walked over to my house and snuck in. You found Trey in your bed. Apparently he missed you. He likes to do that. When he feels left out or misses you he sleeps or hangouts in you room.

"Trey, we are in here. Just didn't want to scare you. We are picking out an outfit. Want to help?"

"Hey Tom, Haz. Sure why not. I mean I am in here anyway." He responded. He was super tried. You didn't know what he did yesterday but you know he had a track meet so he was pretty busy. 

You went through many outfits and had two piles; a maybe and a no pile. Tom finally picked an outfit that we all agreed on. 

You kept asking what you all were going to do over and over again until they told you

"Man how annoy can you become!" Haz looked at you like you were crazy.

"Haz, she will never be annoying. And we are also going to the fair." Tom snapped at Haz for insulting you and smiled back at you with his dreamy eyes.

"Oooh. How fun. I am really excited now." The fair was your favorite place. It was where Tom would take you to just have some best friend time. You had to let Haz come along this time but I guess it is okay. 

You got there and Tom hopped out of the car and ran to you r door to open it for you. Haz looked at you with the just ask him already look and then you walked beside Tom into the fair. 

The first rides you did was the rollercoasters. You saved the best one for last. The Ferris Wheel. The whole day was spent there till it was dark. Trey decided he wanted to go to the fair and he didn't know that you were there. Your parents were with him so he jumped in line with Haz. You rode with Tom, while Haz was with Trey. 

Haz and Trey got on first then you a Tom were next. The Ferris wheel took you around 4 times. You and Tom just talked and laughed while you went around and around on the ride. The last time to go around we started to talk about if either of us have had our first kiss. 

"I would have told you if I did, Tom. I tell you everything!"

"Same here. Well I mean I guess we could be each others first kiss so that way we could know if we were good or not."

"Yeah, I guess so." You responded. You really liked the idea because your best friend/crush wanted to kiss you, but it was only just for practice. It still counts.

"I mean if you want to darling. We don't have to if you think that it will make things weird."

"No, no nothing will be weird. I mean we are Y/N and Tom. What could split us up?"

"Ok then." Right as we agreed to it the Ferris wheel stopped. We were right at the very top. There was no getting any higher. The stars were right there and the lights down below were beautiful at the moment. You leaned into Tom and he leaned into you. You kissed which felt like a million years. You finally go the kiss you wanted and now you wanted more. He backed off and you missed it already.

"Wow! Are you sure that I am your first kiss? Because you are really good at it already." He said once he pulled away.

"So are you. And yes I promise you were my first kiss." You looked into his eyes and could tell that he liked it. You wanted to kiss him over and over again but you didn't know how he felt. 

"Ok. I hope nothing is weird now because you make my life wonderful." He said looking into your eyes too. 

{Tom's POV}

She looked so beautiful. I know I picked out the outfit and she wore something like this a lot but she looks so different this time. The kiss changed everything. I want to tell her how I feel so I can kiss her all the time. I haven't told anyone how I feel, not even Haz. I tell everything to the two of them and I hate keeping this to myself. I want to tell her that I love her.

What if I ask her to be my girl friend and she says no?

Why can't my life be so easier than this?

---------

Word Count: 1267

A/N: I will be switching between your's, Tom's, and possibly Haz's POV. The feelings will be mutual between the two of you but you actually don't know and he doesn't know. Hope you like it so far. Vote and comment suggestions.