Chapter 16

| What ifs and Why can't hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives

| What ifs and Why can't hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives. |

Flashbacks are italicized.

You were super overwhelmed by what Tom had told you. You were speechless. He embraced you for a long time and didn't let go until you did. You felt safe. Even though everyone had lied to you about the extent of your injuries, you were mad. They were trying to help you get past it without your knowledge. You kept telling yourself that will hugging Tom. 

"I am glad that you told me Tom. Please don't think that I am mad at you because I am not. Just super overwhelmed."

"I understand. I didn't want to keep lying to you about it and it was hurting me inside."

The two of you just stayed there for a while longer. About 30 minutes passed and you still were in his arms. For some weird reason you felt like you couldn't move. Like you should stay here forever and nothing bad would happen.

"Tom?"

"Yes darling?"

"What if I didn't wake up? Or if I hadn't woken up yet? What would have you done?" You lifted your head to looked into his big brown eyes.

"I would still be there sitting next to you everyday until you woke up. I would never have left your side because you are the most important person in my life and I couldn't spend a day without you."

"But you would have spent your life with a person that couldn't do anything except is there almost dead. You would have wasted..." Before you could finish your sentence he was already answering you.

"I wouldn't have wasted my life because I would have been with the person that I loved with all my heart." You started to cry. He really did love you. Even if you were going to be asleep forever he was right there with you. 

"I love you so much you know that." 

"Yes princess I do and I love you way more that you know." He was smiling and then you realized that you had been sitting there for about an hour. 

"Hey I am getting kinda hungry let's go get something to eat." 

"Alright let me change since I am still in my costume." You had just realized that he was in his Spiderman suit the entire time and you were crying on it. Oops. Well it will dry. 

"Oh no. I was crying on it. Babe you should..."

"It's fine. It's fine. Don't worry about it. It will dry. It's just water."

"Okay. Well are you ready?"

"Yes. Where do you want to go? We can't text Haz where we are going."

"Okay. Ummm. How about that coffee shop downtown? We can meet him there!" 

"Alright let's go then!" You two walk to Tom's car and call Haz to tell him where you were going. You decided not to tell him and see if he could figure out that you and Tom were dating now. You got to the coffee shop and found a parking spot. It was a little ways away from the shop so you walked. You had rolled your ankle leaving Tom's trailer, which wasn't a surprise since you were really clumsy.