Chapter 20

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives. |

A/N: Important things happen in the chapter. Sorry if you don't like it but you need to read to understand the next few chapters.

{Tom's POV} 

Y/N fell asleep during the movie in my arms. I didn't want to wake her up so I picked her up and walked down the beach to go to the car. Downey, Chris, Mackie, and Seb showed back up after I texted them and they told me they would clean it up so Y/N won't have to wait. I owe them big time. 

She was so peaceful in my arms. The moonlight made her (h/c) hair shine. It was the softest. She slowly woke up realizing that we were moving.

"What are we doing?" 

"The movie was over so it was time to go since you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you up. I am sorry."

"No no no. It's okay. If you put my down I can walk. I am pretty heavy." He looked art you like you were insane. "What?!"

"You are not heavy and I want to carry you. I feel like it is romantic!" She laughed when I said that and tried to jump out of my arms. My grip around her was to tight. I was scared that if I didn't hold her tight enough then I would drop her and that would not be good especially in the sand. She would have been so mad if I dropped her. 

"Okay well pretty boy, I would like to walk with you so would you put me down?"

"I guess princess. You know that you are very demanding."

"I know that is why you call me princess because I am very high maintenance." I laughed when she said that because she really wasn't I just love that she thinks that. I set her down and she grabs my hand. We walk until we get to the parking lot. Hopefully we can find the car because I kinda forgot where it was.

"Hey by chance... do you remember where we parked the car darling?" She laughed.

"Yes babe. Remember we got a good parking spot?"

"Oh yeah. Now I remember. Ok let's get going then." We get to the car and I open her door and run to the other side to drive us home. 

The drive was long and Y/N fell asleep. She was so cute when she was sleeping. I was listening to the music on the radio and every song reminded me of her.

{4 Months- Your POV}

You have been dating Tom for about 4 months now. It was the best 4 months of your life. You had just finished shooting the rest of the Avengers movie and now were going on a press tour. The movie wrapped about a month ago. You worked everyday with the person you loved the most and it made your life so much easier. 

"Let's go Tom we are going to be late! We can't miss the flight. I know we are going on a private jet but you know that Mackie and Seb will leave you in a heart beat which means that they will leave me here too!" He was taking his time. You were surprised that you were ready to go before he was because he usually has to wait on you. 

"I am ready now. Let's go princess!" He grabbed your hand and you two were out the door super fast. Tom had sped all the way there because you were going to be right about the Mackie and Seb situation if you didn't get there on time. 

We finally got to the plane and obviously you know who was going to be standing out there waiting for you. You weren't dumb. You step out of the car and...

"Well look the Hollands finally showed up! Glad you could join us!" Mackie said while Seb stood there laughing. 

"Umm... I think you forgot my name. It's Y/N L/N."

"But it could possible be Holland, right?" Tom looked at you. You could tell he was worried with your answer.

"I mean maybe. I want to see how things between work out first though." 

"Okay we get you are trying to have a moment here but we are going to be late because of the Hollands. Now let's go!" Seb yelled at you two. You had stopped to take a moment and look at each other but apparently you didn't have time. The two of you ran up the stairs with your luggage and walked on the plane. You found most of the cast onboard. Downey and Chris sat together. Mackie and Seb, Scarlet and Mark, and so on. There were two seats next to each other left and guess what was in it... 

Reserved for the Hollands.

Ever since the two of you got together, the cast felt like they need to tease the two of you. It didn't bother you but it was pretty funny. You had gotten used to being called the Hollands and technically were a Holland since forever. You just wished that it was real and by the law. 

"Awe Tom they saved us seats with our name on it." You laughed and everyone else started laughing as well. You thought it was sweet and great at the same time. 

During the plane ride the two of you talked about somethings like what the future could hold for the two of you.

"I want to have kids later. I mean they are great and all but they are wild. And if they were like you... no offense they would be the wildest." After you said that Tom looked at you with a jokingly shocked face. 

"You wouldn't want to have kids like me! I am very offended." He laughed when he said that so you knew that he was joking. "Okay but seriously would you want to have kids with me?"

"Yes most definitely. I mean maybe not anytime soon. We have to get married before that happens. I mean if it happens."

"What do you mean if? Don't you want to get married in the future?" 

"I don't know. I haven't figured everything out. At this point I don't know if I really want to get married. I am scared of commitment. You know that Tom." He got a worried look on his face and you realized you never really talked to him about it. Maybe that why you were so scared to tell him about your feelings.

"No, I didn't know that Y/N. I don't..." He was silent for a while and didn't know what to say. You started to get worried.

"Please say something. I need to know what you are feeling."

"I feel like we might need to rethink this relationship. I mean I know the cast jokes about it a lot with calling us the Hollands and I thought you were okay with it. But it you don't want this I don't know what to do. I want to get married and have kids."

"Please don't be mad. I just don't know what I want yet. We can still be together. I don't want to end the relationship over this one little thing. We can figure it out when we get..."

"No you can figure it out when we get there. I am ready to spend the rest of my life with you and possibly as my wife and have kids with you. I wanted to be with you Y/N but if you don't feel the same way I don't think I can do this." You couldn't believe the words that came out of mouth. 

"I don't want to end what we have. I need to walk through life for longer before I can commit to everything. I want to be with you till the end, but I need to know that I can get out of it if I want to."

After you said that you look over at Tom. He had disbelief written all over his face. 

"I have to go to the bathroom." He immediately got up.

"Tom..."

What if I just screwed everything up?

Why can't I just face the fear of commitment and punch it in the face so I can be with Tom?

----------------

Word Count: 1393

A/N: Please don't hate me for this chapter but just wait. The book is coming to an end soon. I don't know how many more chapters but definitely no more than 5 more. Hope you are enjoying the book. Comment some ideas for another fanfic. So like I always say Vote and Comment. :)