Chapter 22

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives. |

{Your POV] 

You get up to the hotel room and Tom wasn't up there yet. You dropped your stuff on the bed. It was a king size bed. You chose the side that you usually sleep on and wait for Tom to come up. You were scared at what was going to happen next. You didn't know what to expect when he walked in. 

The door opens and Tom walks in. He throws his bags on the bed and sits on the bed and stares at the wall. 

"So..." It was very awkward in the room and you couldn't stand it.

"So." He responded.

"Tom I love you so much. And when I said that I wanted to be able to leave if I wanted to I didn't mean it. We have been together for forever but just made it official. I would never do anything to hurt you. And I..."

"But you did Y/N. You hurt me. I am broken now. I don't know what to say to you because I was going to propose to you today on the press tour. I am not now because I know what you don't want. I just need time. I love you so much too, but I think right now we need a break. You can ride around with me if you want so it doesn't look supicous to the press and we can pretend that we never got in a fight, but we just need to let things be. I want to be with you but you need to figure things out for yourself." He got up and went to the bathroom and fixed his hair. He didn't have time this morning since you rushed him out of the house. "I am ready when you are. I will be down in the car."

You watched him walk out the door and started to cry. This was probably the saddest moment in your life. You just watched the love of your life leave you in the room because of how upset and how broken he was from your words. You got up after he left.

"Why did you say that Y/N?! You literally ruined the best thing that has happened in your life! Why now! Your on tour with him and want to love the life out of him!" You walked around the room for about 5 minutes talking to yourself before you decided it was time to go. The car was waiting for you. Tom was standing outside smiling. You could tell it was one of his fake smiles. It definitely wasn't genuine because you knew what those looked like. He held out his hand and you took it. At least he wasn't not going to touch you in public. The two of you got in the car. Pictures were being taken from every angle. You were scared that everything was going to go back to how they were in the hotel room when you got in the car and you were right. When the door closed the "smile" left his face and eyes went to his phone. 

"Will you at least acknowledge that I am here? I know you are mad at me but we can work this out!" You finally broke the silence. He looked over at you with a look that could kill you. A look you never thought would come to you through him. A look of disappointment and heart break. 

"Y/N... I want to talk about this but I am still in shock. I heard everything that you and Downey were talking about. I was in the room. I was hiding so you couldn't see me cry. I went to the bathroom at first but thought that was a bad idea so I went to the back room. I listened to everything and by what you said you want to be with me. I don't know right now. You are giving my mixed emotions. I want to be mad at you but I also want to punch and yell at someone right now. I just need to stop feeling." He was becoming depressed and you could tell. He starts talking like this when that. It breaks your heart to see him like that.