Chapter 9

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives

| What ifs and why can'ts hold back the greatest things that could happen in our lives. |

You didn't know what happened but you blacked out and now you are in the hospital. Tom was sitting next to you bed crying and was sad because he couldn't do anymore then what he was already doing. You wanted to tell him that you could hear him and you would wake soon. 

{4 hours later}

Tom was still right beside you and holding you hand. Even though you didn't see him you know it was him by the way he held your hand. You finally woke up and Tom didn't know. He was looking down crying towards the ground. Your head was pounding and your vision was a little blurry. You never need glasses but now you do. Tom squeezed your hand waiting for a response back. You squeezed his hand and immediately he looked up. 

"Y/N!" He said with a hopeful look.

"Tom." You replied. "What happened?"

"Someone is after you, darling. They came up behind you on set and hit you so hard in the head. You blacked out and I carried you to the car and drove you here. 

"Wait do we know who it it?" 

"No they hit you and ran out the door. We had security follow them but they are looking for them. The police have been notified as well."

"Good. I want to leave now." You always had stress in hospitals, doctors, and especially dentist. You wanted to get out of there now. "Please take me home. I can't be here. I feel like I am a going to pass out if we stay any longer."

"I know that you hate it here darling, be you have to stay here. They are making sure that nothing is wrong with you. I will be here the entire time though. I won't leave you because your my girl." He looked at you with those big brown eyes and you just started to ball your eyes out. 

"Great you are awake. We are going to do some test now." A nurse walked in. Tom had already explained to my nurses and doctor that I had a terrible fear of them and they completely understood. They also let Tom be with you the entire time. 

Later in the day the whole cast showed up. Your family had been there for awhile now. There were a lot of people in the room. RDK and Evans cam and sat right next to you on the opposite side of Tom. Mackie and Seb were actually nice for a change, they went and sat by Tom. They were all there to support me even though you were fine. The doctor soon walked in with the news. It took long enough.

"Y/N, all you have is a concussion but we would like you to stay one night so if something happens with you concussion you will be here." You hated every word that came out of the doctors mouth and a couple of tears escaped your eyes. Tom wiped them away. He was looking at you the entire time. He was scared his was going to lose you just from being hit in the head. 

{Tom's POV}

Oh my god. I couldn't imagine a life without Y/N in it. She was my true love even though she didn't know that. The cast told me that I was being obvious but apparently not obvious enough for Y/N to notice. I was scared. I was looking at her the entire time the doctor was in the room. She started to cry and it hurt my heart to see her that way. Please lord let her be okay. 

"Is there anyway that Tom could stay here with me over night?" She asked the doctor.

"Usually we only let family members stay with the patients." I looked at her with sadness in my eyes and hers as well.

"But we are basically twins. Brother and sister. Can he just stay that's all that I ask. I need him here." She was trying her hardest but there were three little words that hurt me. Brother and sister. Is that all that she saw me as. I want to be more than just that. It is already hard enough for me to tell her how I feel but know I need to bottle it up because she thinks of us as siblings. I might be overthinking this but I don't know. My feelings for her are everywhere and its like I can't get them all together. 

{Your POV} 

You finally got the doctor to agree to let Tom stay with you. Tom's eyes looked really sad. Maybe he didn't want to stay. 

"Tom you don't have to stay if you don't want to. I just figured you..."

"No, no, no I want to be with you Y/N. Please don't worry about me. I just need you to get better." Everyone around us was smiling. Probably because they noticed the way I looked at Tom and how I have a crush on him. 

When it was time for visiting hours to be over. Everyone let except for Tom. I freaking love this man with all my heart. Ahhh. Why can't I just tell him. They brought in a cot for Tom to sleep on. He set it up and you just listened to music. Tom and you listened to the song "You are the reason" Calum Scott. It was kinda your song. You listened to the song on repeat. It was time for bed and you could not sleep at all. You hated this place so much and wanted to get out. Your stress was so high, but if Tom hadn't have been there you would have broken down already.

"Tom..." 

"Yes, darling." He sounded tried. You loved when he called you that. He didn't call anyone else that. It made you feel special. 

"I can't sleep."

"Well what do you want me to do?"

"Will you come sleep up here with me? If your okay with that." Of course he was fine with it. 

"Sure. Anything for you my darling." He cuddled up right on your back. You felt completely safe and soon drifted off. 

^^^^ Kinda like that

{Tom's POV} 

She is so perfect. Even when she is sleeping nothing in the world is wrong. She makes my life complete. 

What if I am just a brother to her?

Why can't she realize that I am trying to be with her and being obvious about it?

----------------

Word Count: 1128

A/N: Thanks for sticking around this far. I hope you have enjoyed this. I am going to try and update more often. Finals are coming up pretty fast so that will take some time. Also lets imagine that Tom's family and your family all live in LA so you don't have to go back and forth from LA to London. Okay just like I always say... Vote and comment.