Lin

I got home, feeling pissed off. Cam could be challenging, but I never thought she'd stoop to bullying someone. One thing I tried to instill in all my kids was empathy. I tried to use my fame to help others - keeping families together, helping with hurricane relief. And here was my kid making some poor girl's life miserable.

The house smelled wonderful, and it looked like Pippa was close to finishing up. I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the lips. I was exhausted after a long day of press.

"How was your day?" I asked, rubbing her back.

"It was fine," I said. "Sofia stopped by about half an hour ago, asking for you."

I furrowed my brow. "What did she need?"

"Internet problems," she reported. I nodded and rubbed the back of my head. The last time she'd stopped by, she'd kissed me. The thought of going to her apartment made me a little uneasy. I could feel Pippa watching me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she stirred the rice. "Cam's been in her room all afternoon. I took her phone."

I nodded and let out a breath. I wasn't sure I had the energy to deal with this right now, but I knew I had to.

"How long until dinner?" I asked.

"About fifteen minutes," she said. I nodded and walked down the hall to Cam's room. It looked like she'd been napping, because her eyes fluttered open when I walked in. I pulled out her desk chair and sat, leaning forward on my elbows.

"What happened?" I asked her, my tone serious.

She sighed and sat up. "This girl is so annoying, Dad. She gets us in trouble all the time in class, tattle tailing. So we got our revenge."

It irked me that she didn't seem to think this was wrong.

"Revenge?" I clarified. "By humiliating her and locking her in a bathroom stall."

She rolled her eyes, slouching.

"Cam, I don't care how much she gets you in trouble. You do not retaliate by bullying. You have a problem with her, you talk to her. Was there a ringleader in this?"

She shrugged. "Not really. We're all sick of her shit."

"Language," I warned her. "I have raised you way better than this. I've taught you to have empathy for other people. How do you think she feels? Hmm?"

"Hopefully she's feeling like she won't mess with us again," she quipped, obviously not taking this seriously. I just stared at her for a few long moments, exasperated.

"Camila Luz Miranda," I raised my voice. "What is the matter with you?"

"Nothing!" she said, standing up. "It's just that some people have it coming. I don't see why I have to be in trouble about it."

I stood up. "Are you serious right now? You don't see anything wrong with this?"

She crossed her arms. "Not really."

"This doesn't seem like you," I said. "Is there something else going on?"

She hesitated, which made me think I was onto something. Not that it excused what she did.

"Well, you'll have plenty of time to think about it," I said, going to the door. "You're grounded for a month. No phone."

She gaped at me. "A month?! Dad, it was one thing!"

"It was a pretty major thing," I told her. "After dinner, we're going to this girl's house and you're going to apologize."

"Like hell I am!" she countered.