Chapter Ten: My Princess

[Y/N] and Jaiden had stayed in bed for a few more hours, watching the rest of 'Nailed It!' When the final episode ended, [Y/N] looked up at Jaiden, as she was still in the brunette's lap. Jaiden looked down at her as well, and smiled, kissing her head softly. "Man. I wish they'd come out with a third season," [Y/N] said. Jaiden chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, me too. You seem to really love the show," Jaiden replied. "Because it is the best thing ever!" [Y/N] playfully shouted, throwing her arms up, though careful not to hit Jaiden. Jaiden smiled and hugged [Y/N]'s waist tighter. "Well, aside from you of course," [Y/N] added, moving slightly sideways to kiss Jaiden's cheek. Jaiden sighed and nuzzled into [Y/N]'s neck, finding it comfortable to do so. "And you," Jaiden mumbled against [Y/N]'s skin, pressing a gentle kiss against it.
[Y/N] smiled and sighed, relaxing at the feeling. "You know, I figured you wouldn't do stuff like this," [Y/N] said. "Hm? What do you mean?" Jaiden asked. "Well, I never expected to do things like this with me and not become a nervous reck," [Y/N] said. "H-Huh?" Jaiden hummed, completely confused. "I mean that in the best way possible. Look, what I'm trying to say, is I'm really proud of you for coming out of your comfort zone for me. I know it wasn't easy to," [Y/N] said. Jaiden smiled and kissed [Y/N] again. "Everything is easy when I'm with you [Y/N]," Jaiden murmured.

By the time Jaiden and [Y/N] had stopped being so childish, and had finished using jokes and cheesy clichés to flirt with each other, and had finished messing with each other, [Y/N] had an idea pop into her mind. "Hey! We should go to the backyard! I wanna show you how many flowers there are. C'mon!" [Y/N] said, grabbing Jaiden's hand and eagerly pulling her out of the room, and downstairs to the back door. Jaiden smiled at [Y/N]'s enthusiasm, and followed, not bothering to acknowledge the fact that [Y/N] practically controlled what she did now.
When they got outside, Jaiden felt the soft grass against her bare feet, and followed [Y/N] to the fence, where large varieties of flowers were planted. Jaiden took a moment to admire how many there were, and how beautiful they were. [Y/N] smiled up at her, and put her hands on her hips proudly. "Like 'em? I planted them myself!" [Y/N] said, obviously proud of her work. Jaiden smiled and nodded. "Yeah, they're really pretty," Jaiden said. "Not as pretty as you of course," the brunette added. [Y/N] rolled her eyes with a smirk. She then got on her knees, and started picking a few that hadn't blossomed completely. "[Y/N]? What're you doing?" Jaiden asked. "Hang on! Close your eyes for a sec!" [Y/N] replied.
Not knowing where this was headed, Jaiden simply turned around, and covered her eyes, smiling without knowing why. It was about two minutes before [Y/N] finally made a sound that indicated she had finished. Jaiden nearly turned around, but [Y/N] stopped her. "No wait! Keep your eyes closed, and follow me back into the house!" [Y/N] said. Jaiden smiled again, and nodded. "Okay okay," the brunette said. [Y/N] placed a soft object on Jaiden's head, and lead her inside. They walked for a while, before [Y/N] eventually had Jaiden come to a stop. "Okay....you can open your eyessss....now!" [Y/N] said. Jaiden removed her hands from her eyes, and opened them, meeting her own eyes in the mirror.
She smiled and examined the purple flower crown made of daisies that rested atop her head. "Wow. It's cute [Y/N]," Jaiden said. [Y/N] smiled and nodded. "How'd you learn how to make them?" Jaiden asked. Suddenly, [Y/N]'s proud smile turned into a sad grin. Jaiden looked over at her, and raised her eyebrow. "Well....I learned how to make them when I was back in the orphanage....back before my parents adopted me," [Y/N] murmured. "O-Oh [Y/N]...I didn't mean-" "no, no. It's okay. I just figured I could learn something new since I was always by myself," [Y/N] replied. Jaiden paused for a moment before opening her mouth to say something; however, [Y/N] interrupted again. "But let's not worry about that. That was the past. This is now. I need to move on. Anyways, do you like it?" [Y/N] asked. "Y-Yeah! It's really nice [Y/N]. Thank you..." Jaiden said softly.
"I appreciate your honesty my princess," [Y/N] said, bowing to Jaiden. The brunette rolled her eyes and laughed. "Dork," Jaiden mumbled. "What? Can a simple Knight not protect her princess?" [Y/N] joked. Jaiden sighed and pulled [Y/N] to stand up straight. She looked the [h/c] girl in her eyes. "Can a simple princess protect her clumsy knight?" Jaiden retorted. [Y/N] smiled and laughed. "Fair enough," [Y/N] said. Jaiden smiled and hopped up onto the bathroom counter, where [Y/N] quickly stood between her legs and hugged her tightly. Jaiden rested her chin on [Y/N]'s head, and smiled when [Y/N] moves up slightly to give Jaiden's cheek yet another kiss.
"You're so cheesy," Jaiden mumbles. "I am well aware of that," [Y/N] replies, smirking. Jaiden rolls her eyes again, and holds [Y/N] close, running her fingers through the girl's hair. [Y/N] sighed into Jaiden's shoulder, and closed her eyes. "I love you princess," [Y/N] said. "I love you too [Y/N]," Jaiden replied.

Hello my dudes. Since this book, and its prequel, are so popular, I'm wanting to turn it into a series. But I was wondering. Since every new book for this series is going to have around 30 chapters, how many books would you like for the whole series together? I'm thinking around twelve or thirteen books so I can give you plenty of entertainment, and so I can improve in my writing. It'll be fun! Trust me. But I want your opinion as well. How many books would you like for this series?