Chapter Thirty-One: News

"Mom, relax. We'll still be in town. We're just moving to the other side." Jaiden was currently talking to her mother over the phone, explaining what she and [Y/N] were planning on doing. The moment she said they were moving, Jaiden's mother must have thought she meant to another state, when in reality, they were just moving to another house in town. [Y/N] was sitting on the couch—the only furniture left in the house—but she could hear Jaiden's mother freaking out over the phone. She couldn't help but chuckle as Jaiden frantically tried to calm her down and explain the situation to her. The [h/c] girl stood up and walked over to Jaiden, wrapping her arms around the brunette's waist and pressing a quick kiss to her cheek. "Hold on, mom. I'm gonna put you on speaker," Jaiden said. She pressed the speaker button and held it in front of her and [Y/N]. "Hi, Mrs. Dittfach!" [Y/N] greeted cheerfully. "Hi, [Y/N]. Jaiden told me you two are moving. Is that true?" "Yeah, but don't worry. We're just moving a few blocks over. We won't be leaving the state." A sigh of relief came from the other side of the phone. "Thank goodness. I thought you were both leaving." Jaiden's eyebrows furrowed together as she pressed the mute button. "That's what I've been trying to tell you, mom..." she mumbled with annoyance traced in her words. [Y/N] giggled. Jaiden unmuted the phone and sighed. "Well, I should go let your brother and your father know. I'll call you back in a little bit, okay?" Jaiden's mom said. "Alright. We should probably clean up the house anyway before we put it up for sale. We'll talk to you later," Jaiden replied. "Okay. Bye, sweetie. I love you." "I love you too, mom." "And I love you, [Y/N]." [Y/N] smiled warmly and felt herself blush a bit. "I love you too, Mrs. Dittfach." The three women said their goodbyes and ended the call. [Y/N] and Jaiden discussed possible—fair—prices that could be set up for the house. As they talked, they swept up the rooms and dusted a few things here and there.
Once they figured they had done enough cleaning, they both plopped down on the couch. They leaned against each other and sighed softly. After a while of comfortable silence, Jaiden turned to [Y/N] and gave her a peck on the cheek. [Y/N], confused, turned to Jaiden with a raised eyebrow. "I never kissed you back earlier when we were on the phone, so..." Jaiden explained. [Y/N] giggled and nodded, softly pecking the brunette on the lips. Jaiden smiled and kissed back. They stayed that way for a moment before pulling away. [Y/N] then rested her head on Jaiden's chest and sighed. "I love you, Jaiden." Jaiden smiled again and kissed the top of [Y/N]'s head, then softly stroking her hair. "I love you too."