Chapter Eighteen: Relax

"You don't feel safe?" Jaiden asked. "No..." [Y/N] replied. "Why? Literally no one can get into the house without keys. I learned that the hard way," the brunette said. "C'mon...just come out from under the covers," she says, pulling the blanket off of [Y/N]'s head. The [h/c] girl sighs and sits up, leaning against Jaiden. "Well....first....the call....and then....when I was out in the living room...someone started banging really loudly on the door....." [Y/N] explained. Jaiden inhaled. "It could've just been a kid who was trying to scare people," she says. "No....when I looked out the window, it was a full grown man," [Y/N] replies. Jaiden grows a little nervous and tries to think of a way to get [Y/N]'s mind off of it. "How about we go to the park and walk around? That'll help you get your mind off of whatever that was," Jaiden says. [Y/N] thinks for a moment. "S-Sure....that sounds nice," she replies. Jaiden smiles and helps [Y/N] stand before leading her outside. Instead of taking the car, they decided to walk there. Once they get there and start walking around, Jaiden tries to start up a conversation. "So, what're you thinking about?" She asks. [Y/N] shrugs. "I don't know...what kind of question is that?" "I dunno...I couldn't think of anything good to ask." [Y/N] chuckles. "You're so weird," [Y/N] says. Jaiden scoffs dramatically and playfully shoves [Y/N]. "I'll have you know, not only am I weird, but I graduated top of my class at Weirdo University," she says. [Y/N] laughs and shakes her head. "That explains so much," the [h/c] girl replies. Jaiden laughs with her and smiles when [Y/N] grabs her hand.
They walked about halfway around the park before they talked again. The silence wasn't unbearable, in fact, it was actually pretty comfortable. But Jaiden felt like she just had to ask. "So...what did you say the call sounded like again?" [Y/N]'s previous smile turned into a frown, and Jaiden instantly regretted asking. She was supposed to be helping her get her mind off of the whole call thing. Not making it worse. "It just sounded like...crashing and screaming," [Y/N] mumbled. Jaiden could tell she was uncomfortable. She needed to change the subject and fast. "Oh. Well...aside from that, how are you feeling?" She asks. [Y/N] shrugs. "Tired," she replies. Jaiden nods and squeezes [Y/N]'s hand tighter. "Well, when we get back to my house, you can sleep in my bed or on the couch, if you want," Jaiden replies. [Y/N] gives a faint smile and nods. "That sounds nice." Jaiden smiles back and kisses [Y/N]'s temple, followed by her cheek. "You know I wouldn't let anyone hurt you, right?" Jaiden asks. [Y/N] nods. "Then you shouldn't worry about whatever's been going on. For all we know, it could just be some teenagers trying to pull a prank to scare somebody," she adds. [Y/N] pauses for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Jaiden smiles again once [Y/N]'s shoulders drop in relaxation. She sighs. Finally, I didn't say something that upset her. She feels [Y/N] squeeze her hand gently and rest her head on her shoulder. "Thanks for taking me here, Jaiden," she says. Jaiden smiles softly and kisses the top of [Y/N]'s head. "Of course."
After walking around a bit longer, they finally made it completely around the park and decided to go back to Jaiden's house. Once they got there, Jaiden led [Y/N] to her room and helped her lie down, covering her with a thin blanket as she turned the lights off. When she sat back down at her desk, she heard [Y/N] call her name out quietly. "Thank you, Jaiden. That really helped me," she mumbles. Jaiden smiles and nods. She walks over to give the [h/c] girl a kiss on the head before returning to her desk and getting back to work on her animation.