Chapter Twenty-Seven: Temporary

Jaiden:   Hey, [Y/N].

     [Y/N]:   Yeah?

     Jaiden:   Can you check the front door for me? Something just stopped by.

    [Y/N]:   Sure.

     [Y/N] sighed and did as told, pocketing her phone before heading to the front door. She was too exhausted to even check before opening. That, or she was just too lazy. She unlocked the door, and very slowly, she opened it. To her absolute surprise, Jaiden stood there in front of her, smiling widely with warmth and joy. [Y/N] stood there, shocked. She looked down at the date on her phone before looking back up at the brunette. It hadn't been a full two weeks yet. Why was Jaiden home so early? "Surprised to see me so soon?" Jaiden suddenly asked, snapping [Y/N] out of her thoughts. The [h/c] girl nodded and smiled widely as well before throwing herself forwards. She caught herself on Jaiden in a tight hug as she squealed. "Jaiden! You're back!" Jaiden giggled. "Of course I am. I wasn't gone that long, so what're you so surprised about?" she asked. [Y/N] giggled with her and shrugged as she stepped back. "I dunno, really. I guess I just wasn't expecting you to get here so soon. VidCon is still going on for like...three more days. Why'd you come home so soon? Eh—not that I don't like the fact you're home early—I just—" [Y/N] stopped short on her rambling as Jaiden began to laugh at her anxiousness. Her face flustered and she sighed heavily. Jaiden smiled and managed to gain her composure again, inhaling deeply. "You're adorable when you're nervous, [Y/N]," she said. The [h/c] girl sighed again and crossed her arms with a small huff. Jaiden smiled and gently placed her hands on [Y/N]'s face. "That's a good thing. Don't get all flustered over it," Jaiden said. [Y/N] smirked slightly and looked away, her blush fading in the slightest. "Then don't say embarrassing things like that," she retorted. Jaiden giggled again. "It isn't embarrassing. In your case, it's actually a compliment."
[Y/N] rolled her eyes in a joking manner and chuckled. "I guess. Anyway, I'm glad you're home." Jaiden smiled yet again and brought the [h/c] girl in for another hug before bringing her to the bedroom, not forgetting to close and lock the door behind her. As they both sat down on the brunette's bed, Ari flew over to them and landed on Jaiden's shoulder. "Hey, buddy. Whatcha doin out here?" she asked, scratching his head lightly. He chirped happily and nuzzled himself up against Jaiden's neck, causing the brunette to smile warmly. "I let him out about an hour ago to stretch a bit, but then I kind of...forgot to put him back," [Y/N] explained. "My bad." "Nah, it's alright. He won't hurt anything," Jaiden replied. "Anyway, how'd you hold up while I was gone?" [Y/N] shrugged and stood up to stretch. "I really just lied on the couch the whole time and watched TV. I mean, other than when I was taking care of Ari," she replied. Jaiden smiled and nodded, gently placing Ari on the mattress so she could stand as well. She stepped forwards and placed her hands on [Y/N]'s waist, kissing the girl's forehead.
[Y/N] smiled back and wrapped her arms around Jaiden's neck, sighing with relief as she rested her head on the brunette's shoulder. "I really missed you, Jaiden," she mumbled. "I missed you too, [Y/N]." They stayed like that for a moment in silence before Jaiden decided to break it. "How about we relax for a bit? My legs are a little sore from walking around for nearly two weeks straight." [Y/N] chuckled and nodded, leading Jaiden to the couch and grabbing the remote. Ari soon joined them, resting up on the back of the couch. "Before we get absorbed in whatever we're gonna watch, do you want anything to eat? I could order something," [Y/N] offered, placing the remote down gently. "Uh...sure. I mean, you don't have to order anything, but those dishes on the flight back were kind of...bland," Jaiden said with a chuckle. [Y/N] chuckled back and shrugged. "Well, I mean...I could get pizza or something. It is cheaper than other options." Jaiden shrugged and nodded. "Like I said, you don't have to order if you don't want to spend any money. I mean, there's still some food left in the pantry, right?" [Y/N] giggled nervously and scratched the back of her neck. "Eh....I kinda....ate everything in there. I've just been ordering things off of my debit card. I'm uh...not sure how much money I have left on it, haha..." she explained. Jaiden sighed with a smirk and rolled her eyes, wrapping an arm around the [h/c] girl's shoulders. "Alright, well I guess we can order something for tonight. Tomorrow though, we're gonna have to go to the store to get more food," she said. [Y/N] smiled and nodded. "Does pizza sound good?"

After the two girls had been eating and watching TV for a while, Jaiden figured she should ask the question she'd been meaning to since she got home. She placed the now empty plate in her hand down on the coffee table in front of them and turned to [Y/N]. "Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question? It's kind of important," she asked, gaining [Y/N]'s immediate attention. "Yeah! Ask away," she replied. "Alright, well...I was wondering if...I mean...you don't have to say yes to it, but...I..." "You don't have to be anxious, Jaiden. Take your time," [Y/N] said. Jaiden sighed and nodded, looking down before staring up into [Y/N]'s eyes. "W-Well...how would you feel about...living together? Like...in a house downtown?" Jaiden finally managed to ask, fiddling anxiously with her hands. [Y/N] blinked momentarily, almost immediately blushing with a smile. "I'd love to!" she exclaimed happily, throwing herself onto Jaiden for a hug. "R-Really?" "Of course!" Jaiden froze, but soon smiled the widest she ever had in her whole life. "That's great! O-Oh, but...just to make sure we won't drive each other insane, I uh...I got us an apartment nearby for about a month. I want to make sure we can stand it," Jaiden explained. "Why wouldn't we be able to stand it?" [Y/N] asked, confused. "Well...most couples are fine until they start to live together...I'm just...scared I'm going to screw something up," Jaiden admitted, rubbing her arm nervously. [Y/N] smiled and hugged Jaiden again, startling the brunette. "You won't screw anything up," she said confidently. "A-Are you sure?" "Yeah! Of course I am!" Jaiden smiled and hugged her back. "Alright, well...we should probably get our things packed that we need for the month. I can take us there when we're ready."