Chapter Thirty: Final Days

"Hey, don't make me drop my stuff!" [Y/N] shouted with a laugh, stepping forwards to avoid Jaiden walking through with her box. "Well, then don't stand in front of the doorway," she retorted. [Y/N] laughed again and nodded, following Jaiden out to the U-Haul truck in the driveway. After placing their boxes in the back, [Y/N] grabbed Jaiden gently by the wrist, preventing her from walking back to the house. The brunette turned around to face her and raised an eyebrow. "Uh...something wrong?" she asked. [Y/N] smiled and shook her head. "Nah, I just need to give you something," she replied. "Uh...okay." [Y/N] smiled and pulled a small box out of her back pocket, leading Jaiden away from the truck. She handed it to the brunette and placed her hands behind her back, bouncing on her toes in excitement. "I thought you'd like it," [Y/N] explained. Jaiden smiled and raised an eyebrow again before looking down at the box. She slowly opened it and gasped at what she saw. "[Y/N]...it's...beautiful!" Jaiden said, pulling the emerald necklace out of the small box. She put it around her neck and smiled widely. "Thank you!" [Y/N] smiled back and nodded with a giggle. Jaiden hugged her tightly before stepping back to admire the necklace again. A warm smile remained on her face as she tilted it in her fingers for a while, seeming to be lost in the beauty of the stone. "I love it so much," she says, finally looking back up at [Y/N], who smiles back at her. "I'm glad you do," [Y/N] replies, pecking Jaiden's forehead softly. "You didn't spend too much on this, did you?" Jaiden asked, suddenly realizing. "Eh...it was only about...$150," [Y/N] replied.
Jaiden froze and gulped audibly. "$150?!" she exclaimed. [Y/N] chuckled and nodded. "Why would you spend that much on a necklace?!" "Because you're worth it." Jaiden blushed and blinked for a moment before turning away in embarrassment. "I-I'm not, but thank you for thinking so..." she mumbled. [Y/N] frowned and wrapped her arm around the brunette's shoulder, pecking her temple softly. "You are worth it. And nothing you ever say or do will ever change that." Jaiden smirked bashfully and hid her face as she led her gaze to the ground once again. "If you say so..." she mumbled. "I do say so, and that's what my mindset has always been. Anyway, we should probably get the rest of the boxes loaded up. I kinda want to get this whole thing done before the weekend rolls around." Jaiden nodded and followed [Y/N] into the house, grabbing two boxes that were already stacked in the corner of the living room.

As [Y/N] and Jaiden loaded the last few boxes into the truck, they made their way back inside to make sure they weren't going to leave anything behind. As they looked around the rooms, memories began to flood over them. [Y/N] stared at the now empty space of the living room, remembering all that had happened during Christmas. Like when Jaiden had collapsed from exhaustion onto her chest, and when they made cookies and had a flour war in the kitchen. She chuckled to herself and sighed peacefully. Those were fun times. I hope we can make more of them..."Hey, what're you staring at?" Jaiden asked, startling [Y/N] out of her thoughts. The [h/c] girl swirled around and smiled nervously. "Sorry...just...looking around," she replied. Jaiden smiled sympathetically. "You're remembering all that's happened here, aren't you?" "Eh....yeah....how'd you know?" "I was just doing the same thing while I was in my room. Well, my old room, I should say. Here, come with me." Jaiden gently took [Y/N]'s hand into hers and led her to the bedroom door. They both stood there and reminisced in the memories. [Y/N] remembered when she and Jaiden had binge watched Nailed It, and found that old photo of them together. Jaiden, however, remembered when [Y/N] had led her outside and made her a flower crown with the garden of flowers out back. They both smiled warmly and turned to each other. [Y/N] interlocked their fingers as they held hands and leaned in to give Jaiden a kiss, which the brunette gladly accepted. After pulling away, they looked around a bit longer before finally heading out to the truck, taking one more good look of the house before they left.