Unusual Love

WARNING! There is smoking, but only for a little bit.

One shot/AU

Summary : The son of a wealthy family with a common man who could barely pay his rent...

__________

Rome, Italy 1910

The perfume of wine, gossip, and laughter filled the air as a party took place in a mansion that sat on a beautiful field with stone pavement walkways, and street lights along it lighting the way in. It was the Tepeś house hold, they were a wealthy family, Vlad Tepeś owned a very expensive restaurant as well as a hotel, both being only affordable by the rich. His family lived a happy life, they were kind people, were all respected, and were not consumed by their money.

Alucard was talking with a few friends of his parents who were invited here casually. All of them including him had a wine glass in hand, but Alucard's held actual blood in it instead of alcohol. "I must say, Adrian, your parents really outdid themselves this year." A woman pointed out how cocktails were on some tables while some people were handing out other items on silver trays. The Dhampir smiled warmly, keeping his composure as a proper and professional man. "Why thank you, I'm sure a few others think the same."

In all honesty, Alucard hated parties, especially ones at his house. Snobby rich people and their sour attitudes made him sick. Alas, he was forced to appear as well as be humble with everyone by his own will. He saw a few rowdy guests say something about how they would kick a poor person in the face if they dare speak to them and the corner of his lips twitched as he smiled.

He hated this, everything about it. He hated parties, he hated social interaction period. After Alucard was finally able to distance himself from the guests in a bathroom, he looked in the mirror at himself. His suit was black as well as his tie with a white shirt underneath. His hair was a bit out of place, and he fixed it by running a hand through it. Why were people corrupted by money and wealth? Why were they all so idiotic and stupid?

Taking a deep breath, Alucard calmed down. He couldn't stay mad all night. It was best to at least enjoy this party a little bit, even if some people were obnoxious. Now he felt a little bit better, he was calmer now. The blonde opened the door and walked out of the bathroom, now ready to try and socialize properly.

Outside of the Tepeś household, in the back was a garden filled with many extravagant flowers there. A young man was going about his work while hearing the faint hum of the party inside. Trevor fixed his hat as he picked up a rake and began to push all of the leaves that had fallen off of a tree into a pile. He had been working for the family for a while now, but had never once met any of the family aside from Vlad. He did most of the work around the mansion, he even cleaned the chimneys.

He also had a second job at the restaurant owned by the family as a waiter. He got paid well, but still needed to work overtime somedays as the apartment he lived in would up its rent sometimes. Trevor stopped raking the leaves to look up at a balcony that was only two floors above him. There was a door that lead to it that was partly made of glass while the rest was wood. The brunette could see the light inside from the glass part of the door as faint shadows were dancing while laughter and chatter could be heard.

He would give anything to live like that, to be well respected and not treated poorly because of weather you were wealthy or not. Vlad was nice to him though, he wasn't like most of the rich people Trevor had met, he treated him like any regular person should be treated. The other people who worked around the mansion were kindhearted as well. Still, if he could just have enough money to afford a real house, he would be happy.