The Sword's Spell

Based on an episode of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Short story/Within the show

Summary : Belmont Tip #56; Never unsheathe a sword if you don't know whether it's magic or not...

(Alucard is stupid and loves swords)

__________

The Belmont Archives were far more vast than Alucard had first seen. He thought it was three to four floors at most, but was shocked to learn that the place was actually about seven to six stories underground. From that much knowledge, he couldn't even guess how long they took to be built. After spending a few hours among the magic books, the Dhampir decided to head to a section that was all weaponry. Sypha was a few shelves away from him looking at potions while Trevor was on the floor above them.

Now as he walked passed a section that was mostly swords, Alucard saw that each blade was very unique and different. He saw hints of many different cultures in the hilts or designs. He didn't bother to try and wield a few, he'd rather look and not touch, besides, he was happy with his own.

Alucard did, however, stop upon spotting a very interesting sword among the bunch. It wasn't on a stand or was being held up by something, it was leaning against the back on the shelf like it was thrown there carelessly. Alucard reached into the shelf to retrieve it and pulled out a sheathed sword that was slightly curved at the blade. It stood out from the rest, something about the decorative patterns on its handle, to the leather sheath itself. Out of curiosity to see what the blade itself looked like, Alucard grabbed the handle and the sheath to pull it out, and right when he barely saw a fraction of the blade beneath——

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

Before the blonde could even react, Trevor snatched the sword from his hands and snapped it shut, keeping a firm grip on it to make sure it was closed. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" The brunette sounded genuinely scared for what might have happened if he didn't happen to pass by.

"What's going on?" Sypha now walked towards the two with a book in hand, she quirked a brow at Trevor, Alucard turned to look at him as well.

Trevor sighed, he calmed down and held the sword with one hand now, but spoke the next words in a very serious tone. "It's cursed."

Sypha and Alucard still looked a little confused at that. Trevor once again sighed and began to elaborate on his statement. "My great uncle bought this sword from a shady merchant, he put it here afterward, and it was soon forgotten... until I rediscovered it. This sword casts a spell on anyone who sees its blade, it mind controls them, making them do the blades every whim. Your thoughts aren't your own and you're nothing but a puppet."

"How do you know so much about this?" Alucard asked out of genuine curiosity.

Trevor averted his gaze. "Because it happened to me. I was only eight and barely knew how to use a sword though, so it was easy for my parents to take it away from me. Still, if I was older and knew how to use one at the time, who knows what I would've done..." Despite the seriousness, it was funny to imagine an eight-year-old Trevor on a murderous rampage, swinging around a weapon he didn't even know how to use.

"Anyways, whatever you do, do not touch this sword again. I don't even know why my dad kept this thing around after that incident..." Trevor mumbled, shuddering at the memories as he tossed the sword haphazardly onto the shelf.

After that, the rest of the day went on normally until the sun had set. They couldn't really tell when it was nighttime, but the growing tiredness was definitely one sign. Alucard couldn't tell though, he hadn't felt tired in a while so he relied on Trevor and Sypha's body language. The two were actually huddled up in a corner, blanket covering them as they were dreaming of who knows what. Alucard, on the other hand, was still wandering about the place.