Forgiveness (part 2)

These are multiple drabbles of what I think happened in between Alucard's time healing.

Short story/(story behind the) Modern AU

Summary : Father/son bonding time, wholesomeness, angst, deers kicking our favorite blonde in the face, it's all here.

__________

Bandages

It had been four months, four months since the incident, and things were still very awkward. Just being in a room together was always followed by a dead silence. What were they even supposed to say? Alucard and Vlad's relationship was always a good one, as a father and son relationship should be, they cared for one another and knew each other like the back of their hand. But ever since Alucard's wound, their relationship had dwindled into awkward, father/son awkwardness.

But that didn't mean they no longer cared about one another. There were the few little moments where they would regain that lost relationship, little by little, they'd rekindle their bond from the little things. An example of one of those small moments was now, in the medical room of the castle.

Changing bandages was always messy, there'd be blood on the floor, the counter, just about everywhere. Vlad threw away the old, blood-soaked bandages that were once wrapped around his son's torso, they were bad but not as bad as the wound they covered. Alucard sat on a table, shirtless, hands gripping the edges as he looked down at the tragedy that was his torso. The wound was a bright red, bleeding, and pulsating painfully, it wasn't used to being exposed, it had to be covered at all times.

Vlad returned to him with gauze and bandages, all thick as they needed to suppress the bleeding and not soak it. "At least this is easier now that you're not unconscious..." Vlad joked lightly, bringing the first long cloth up the Alucard's chest as he began to wrap it around the Dhampir's wound.

Alucard winced, his hands gripping the edges of the table harder as he suppressed any noises of discomfort. It was painful, it burned from just any contact, even the lightest touch made him recoil in pain. Alas, he had to bear through it, he could never get used to it, no matter how many times the bandages were changed.

Vlad carefully wrapped each one, making sure to cover the entirety of the wound. When he finished, there was silence as Vlad stood there, not knowing what to say. He looked down and saw the blood on the floor that reminded him of the horrific image of his son, covered in his own blood, unconscious on the floor.

He decided not to say anything, but rather clean up that blood, it was starting to really bother him. He helped Alucard off the table first, the Dhampir rested a hand on Vlad's shoulder as he shakily stepped down. Alucard put on his shirt and proceeded to walk towards the door when he stopped. The blonde turned around, hesitating. "Father?"

The vampire looked to see his son, who looked like death, to say the least, bags under his eyes, and skin paler than what was considered normal, even for a Dhampir. "I... thank you.. for bandaging me."

In his state, Alucard wouldn't be able to do that himself no matter how hard he could try. Every time Vlad did for him, it always ended with silence, but Alucard decided it was rude that he'd never thanked him until now.

"Of course," Vlad faintly smiled, "why wouldn't I?"

Alucard smiled and began to walk away again, Vlad watched until he was out of sight, but his footsteps could still be heard down the hall. Vlad was fully smiling now, it was that feeling you got when you dread something, but it turns out to go well in the end. That feeling was honestly a relief for the vampire, considering what he thought of himself now.