Chapter 4: Saving you

Lauren's POV

"Lauren hurry up or we will miss the game!" Dani yelled at me and I immediately jumped from sofa. I quickly ate my last slice of pizza and drank it with clean water. I almost forgot it, how could I? Today is Brooke's basketball match!

"Ladybug, hold on. I have something for you and I bet you will love it!" Lisa mysteriously smirked at me.

"Oh my gosh, a Brooke's dress! Where did you get it?" I squealed from happiness.

"From me, a die hard basketball fan!" Chad appeared and wrapped his arms around Lisa.

"Lauren, we need a driver! Can you drive us there?"

"Why me? You are all rats, such a lazy ones!" I rushed upstairs to find my keys but I couldn't find them anywhere.

"Where are my keys? I couldn't lost them! Who stole it? Give it to me now, you are playing with my feelings!" My voice was sounding the entire house. After a few seconds of thoroughly examinating stuff, I saw the keys in Dani's hands.

"Danielle Nicole! Wanna explain how my keys ended up in your freaking hands?"

"Hushh, Lo. What will the neighbours think about you? I didn't steal it from you. I found them in front of your car, laying on the grass. I thought that you didn't know about that, so I just grabbed them before anyone could steal it forever. Don't be mad at me, Sugar!"

"Dan, why didn't you tell me about it earlier! I almost got a panic attack just because of you!"

"I am sorry, here are your keys, can we please just go now?" Dani made a puppy face as excusement. All six of us got into my car and I started driving them to the arena.

At the basketball game...

I was driving so fast that I surely broke some driving rules. I didn't care, I just couldn't miss that game. To my luck, police hasn't punished me yet. I quickly parked the car on nearby parking lot and all of us rushed to Bridgestone Arena. We entered it and I got lost there so quickly. I have never been there, this arena was so huge. To my luck, Lisa and Chad behaved like attendants, so we safely and easily got to our seats.

"Here is your popcorn, Laur! It will be useful helper against your stress!" Joey quickly came closer to me and handed it to me. We were sitting like that: Dani and Emmyn on my left, Lisa and Chad on my right. Kath with Max and Chrisis with Nick above us and Amy, Joey and Alex in front of us. Mike, Christian and Nick decided to stay home and cook some yummy burgers for the dinner.

"Where is Brooke? I can't see her!" I became desperate and started mashing the popcorn with my teeth nervously.

"Are you still sure that you are still friends after this?" Dani started provoking me.

"What's questionable about that, I just wanna see my friend and neighbour?" Brooke finally ran into court and my eyes got lost on her. She was so fit and beautiful.

"Hello to Earth?" Lisa waved in front of my face and I quickly came back to my senses.

"Hello to Lauren! I am hearing you, Lise!"

"Someone got lost into thoughts?"

"What?"

"Ladybug, you can't cover it. We all know you like that girl. If not, do you think you would stare at her?"

"Okay, detective. You got me!" 

"Say something to her! Let her know that you are here and support her with your presence!"

Brooke's POV

"Here Brooke, you must drink something before the difficult performance!" Jaycee handed me a Gatorade but I refused to take anything from her. I thought I was refreshed but I was obviously wrong. I didn't even eat so much the whole week before this game because I was emotionally overwhelmed and I didn't want to gain more fat.