Chapter 7: In your arms

Lauren's POV

Programme for today looks like this: picking up my best friend Rachael from airport after her trip to Ireland and meeting my fave comedian John Crist with my older sister and roommate Amy and of course, I would like to have Brooke there with me. I went outside and made a few steps to reach Brooke's house, I stopped in front of her window and took my radio out. I coughed to clear my voice and took a deep breath before I screamed: Brooke Bailey, get out of the house, now, please! 

"Lauren? Whatcha doing here?" Brooke finally appeared there but she looked like she had no mood.

"Did I wake you up?" She just nodded and frowned.

"I am sorry, honey. But guess what? I have a little surprise for you too. We are gonna meet with John Crist and I wanna have you with me there. Give me your hand, I will walk you to my car!"

Brooke's POV

I wasn't very happy because I hate when someone unexpectedly wakes me up but as long as it was my girlfriend, I forgave her. We walked into her car but there my eyes met also with her sister Amy and some other girl. I have never seen her before. She noticed my confusing expression and decided to introduce herself. 

"So you are that lucky girl about who Lauren couldn't stop talking. Nice to meet you, I am Rachael, Lauren's long time friend." She shook my hand and smiled at me.

"Hello Rachael, I am Brooke, nice to meet you too." I sat next to Lauren who was the driver and Amy with Rachael were sitting at the backseats that time. 

"Ready to leave broskies?" Lauren started the car and our funny journey started. We spent the whole ride with singing, mostly Cimorelli's songs. I felt so weird, surrounded by singers. I admit, I suck when it comes to singing but for fun, it was worth it.

After John's Crist comedy show...

"You were absolutely hilarious, John! I couldn't stop laughing at you and your funny jokes! You wil be always my all time fav comedian!" Lauren seemed close to him and I didn't like it.

"Brooke, can you take a photo of us?"

"Sure." I sighed. My girlfriend kept hugging that comedian and smiling widely. I wonder if there was something between them in the past, they seemed so close to each other.

"Can we just please leave?" I couldn't look at their convo anymore.

"Honey, don't tell me that you are jealous?" Lauren finally started devoting to me by wrapping her arms around me. I just stayed silent.

"Hey, don't worry, we are just good friends now. I love you and only you." Soon, we reached the shop and there Lauren showed her crazy side.

"Look guys, I am the boy now. Am I not handsome? I am gonna buy these!" She played with the sunglasses with price mark, causing to catch people's attention.

"Lauren who?" Amy started laughing and Rachael was recording all of her show, ready to post it on all social sities.

"My name is Rick. Call me Rick from now. Let's go boyz!" She waved at us and we left the market with swag sunglasses on and bags full of goods. 

"Laur, you made me cry laughing! I can't wait to hang with my broskies again!" Rachael admitted and soon, she separated from us and we headed home. 

Next day...

Lauren's POV

There was nobody home and I was cooking the lunch for my family as per usual, when the cooker suddenly started burning and the fire was spreading so quickly. I decided to open the window, called 911, I took the handkerchief and kneeled down. I locked the kitchen door because I was scared of robbery. But now, I can't even remember where I put my keys. I started praying for my life, I don't wanna die. I am stuck now.