Chapter 11: End game

Brooke's POV

This time, I am just sitting in my living room and Lauren is also here. I am thinking about my basketball career at the moment.

"Honey? Why are you so thoughtful?" She noticed that.

"Were you just staring at me? It's not nice to stare, Lo!"

"I know babe but I just can't get enough of you. C'mon, tell me, what's wrong?"

"I am on the end, Laur. I can feel it in my bones that my basketball career is over!"

"Now, when the Nashville Stars got into NBA finals? Don't be a sucker, basketball is your life and this is the opportunity to finally win the best league on the world. Wasn't that your dream?"

"Maybe, in the past."

"But Brooke, basketball is your life! It's the thing you are best in! Why do you wanna ruin your career so early? You were just at the beginning!"

"I don't feel strong enough. And after my collapse, I am afraid that it might happen again! I can't play with my own life anymore."

"Look, you can't think like this, okay? Why would it happen again? After all, it can happen to everyone. Hey, I almost died as well but it can't stop me from continuing what I love and what I want to do! I am not afraid of death, everybody dies!"

"Okay, maybe you are right. But I made a promise to myself. When you are finally mine now, I wanna be with you as much as I can. I wanna focus on our relationship, now, this is my priority!"

"Wow, nobody ever cared that much about me as you. Brooke, your basketball career can't stop me from loving you endlessly. I would support you at games whenever I would have free time. And if you must travel far away, I would wait on you here. Please, choose wisely and make a right decision!"

"I told you that before and I won't change my view of it. I am done with it, you are all that matters to me!"

"Honey, you have to go there, I wanna see my superstar in action, just one last time, please!"

"Because what?"

"If you don't go there, I will roast you everyday!"

"I would love to get roasts from you!"

"Okay, then I will tickle you for as long as you won't go there."

"No, Laur, stop! Okay, I will go there but it's my goodbye."

"That's my girl! I will be your biggest fan!"

Game time...

I walked on court one last time with the biggest respect and fear. God, please, protect me and don't let anything bad happen again! Suddenly, I heard reporters complimenting me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the NBA finals! This is the chance for Nashville Stars to win their first cup ever! Will they finally break the waiting or Miami Heat will own this league again? It's 3:3, today's game is gonna be decisive! Oh look there, isn't is Mrs. Bailey? Is Brooke's Bailey comeback really happening now? Folks, it's she! This game is gonna be so interesting!"

I walked to my team and spoke up.

"Guys, this is my last game but I am here and ready to help you. We can do it, the cup is ours!" I motivated them.

"Thank you for coming, Brooke. This is your time to shine. Make a good goodbye to yourself!" Coach smiled at me and I ran back to my position, under the basket.

Last seconds of game...

"Brooke, catch the ball!" Jaycee yelled at me and passed me the ball. I catched it and quickly looked at the timer. Only five seconds left. The whole game result it's up to me. I can't do this.