Chapter 9: I got you back

Brooke's POV

I was playing Fortnite with Joey when suddenly, a huge amount of squealing interrupted me. I decided to check what was going on. I rushed upstairs into Lauren's room. I couldn't believe what I saw. Lauren just named all of her sister's names, she is finally getting her memory back! I was about to say something to her but she asked about me as first. Nice, she remembers her family but still doesn't know about me. How can I explain to her who I am?

"Guys, who is this girl standing next to my door, do I know her?" 

"Laur, she is Brooke, our new neighbour and your girlfriend, don't you remember?" Lisa answered her but she just shooked her head. Then the bulb in my head lit up and I got a great plan. I decided to take her to that wood where we got lost and where we became a couple. Maybe that will help her to remember something.

"Lo, I am Brooke, trust me. You always used to love walks, so what about a walk in forest with me?"

"That sounds interesting!"

On the forest walk...

Lauren's POV

I was walking in forest with the girl who introduced herself as Brooke and it calmed me down. I needed to feel fresh air after my long stay in that boring hospital. It was wonderful, hearing the birds singing, breathing the smell of needles and finally walking properly. I am forever thankful to God. He was standing above me when I was in coma, I swear I saw him in my dreams, I saw heaven. He gave me an opportunity to live my life again. He is the strength in me.

"Why did you walk me exactly here, Brooke?"

"Lauren, believe or not, we had our first date here."

"How comes that?"

"Well, that time, I let you ride a motorbike but it spoiled, so we ended up camping here. We were laying in our tent and you were reading some book but then you accidentally touched my hand. You immediately apologized because you knew that I broke up with my previous girlfriend and because I had stronger feelings for another girl but you became scared because you didn't know to which girl I was referring. But I told you that I liked it and came out to you. We both admitted our feelings for each other and then it just happened, we kissed. And...you were the one who wanted it first." She smiled at me and by how smoothly and persuasively she was talking, I could tell she wasn't lying. She showed me the tent, it was standing on the same grass as I am standing right now.

"So that's how I turned out? As a woman who loves women? My sexuality isn't straight? Gosh, how could I betray my Lord?" 

"Lauren, stop blaming yourself, God loves you no matter what. Soon, we even came out to our families and all of them accepted us. You can't stop your heart. Look, after all, love is not about the gender, it's about the feelings for the person."

"How did we meet for the first time?" 

"Well, I moved next to your house from Boston and that day, we were unpacking our stuff and I accidentally bumped into you, causing to spill my coffee all around my shirt." That was the moment when I started remembering also my life story with Brooke.

"Wait..wait...I think I remembered something. I was still in my bed that time but Dani barged into my room with a huge yell. I asked her what's going on and she answered me with that we have new neighbours. Then my mum obliged that the trash needs to be carried out. Yeah, I think I know everything now. Yeah, then we bumped into each other and hold on...I guess I even asked you out because of that spilled coffee. Do I remember right, now I can see the whole situation in my mind like it happened just yesterday?"

"You described it absolutely accurate! I am so proud of the progress you are making by each day! Look, here is our first photo."

"Ahh, you meant the one from which I made a polaroid for both of us?" I smiled at Brooke and she smiled back at me. Everything feels right now. 

"Brooke? Why I ended up in hospital?"

"We shouldn't talk about it Laur, it's still hard for me to speak about it. But okay, you almost flivvered from the spreading fire but I came and carried you to the ambulance."

"Wasn't I cooking something and then it happened or?"

"How are you remembering all of these memories so fast? Another hit into the black! Look at me, Laur, I missed you." I looked at Brooke and immediately got lost into her eyes. Those green eyes which I missed so much.

"Gosh, Brooke, you are so pretty. I could stare at your face and body for hours."

"I really don't mind it. I am so happy that I got you back, Lo." She carefully pecked my cheek, causing me to blush.

"Thank you for saving my life, my firefighter!" I returned her the peck.

"Well you saved my life at first, don't forget that! That basketball game was the worst one for me like ever! I am already wondering about finishing my career because I wanna focus more on my personal life. I wanna spend with you as much time as I can. Laur, you have no clue how much you changed my life. You are the most important person for me, you are all that matters to me. I can't imagine losing you again, I can't believe you almost died." She started sobbing and I brought her closer to me, to comfort her.

"Hey Brooke, it's okay. I am alive and I am okay. I can finally remember everything and I am finally with you. Don't cry, I love you." 

"I love you too, Lolo Bear."

"Why did you call me like that? Do I look like some wild animal. Don't tell me that I accidentally changed into bear?" I could even use my sarcasm again.

"No, you goof. I called you like that because of your hugs. They are just so big and warm. C'mon, I am gonna walk you back home." 

At home...

I was laying on my bed and shredding on my guitar while Brooke was watching some Netflix movie on my MacBook. Suddenly, I got some Twitter notification. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table to see one shocking message. Namely, just one person from CimFam with who I have met, texted me. And it wasn't just any text. 

@ Pineapple_1289 : Lauren, for how long do you wanna hide your sexuality from us? I saw you holding hands with some girl today. I am sure if you come out to us, we will support you. You looked so happy with her, it was so cute. You two already have my whole support!

"Brooke? I think we are exposed also to the CimFam! What will we do now?"

"Laur, we need to tell them the truth. It will be okay, I promise, we will handle everything together, even the worst hate."

"I know about one event. Me and my sisters are cooking something new, okay it's the world tour and it was my idea. Right after Lisa showed a bit of our YouTube, I remembered everything. I was the one who wrote Acid rain, I'm mess or Blue. So, I think the upcoming tour will be perfect for that! I already have a song about us but I will leave it like that for now. I wanna suprise you." I whispered into Brooke's ear and we both ended up laughing. I am back on scene and ready to own this world, people!