Three: pirate ship

Pan stopped abruptly, making me bump into his hard shoulder blades. He scowled at me from over his shoulder. "Watch it."

I pout but take a step back anyway. "What is it, now?"

"We're here." He whispers "look."

I look over his shoulder and out to sea. A red ship bobbed on the surface, on the side of the vessel the words 'Skull Sailor' were painted in gold cursive print.

The group ran towards the beach and clambered into row boats. It took a while to row to the large pirate ship but we eventually got there.

Once we were all standing on the polished deck the captain of the 'skull sailer' came up to us. "How adorable," he said "who's in charge?"

Pan stepped forward and laughed "you should really learn about the lands you travel to before you come to them."

The captain scowled.

"Peter Pan, nice to meet you captain." Pan extends a hand

"Captain Skull." He ignores peters hand. "Why are you on my vessel?"

Pan smirked "You have something that belongs to me."

"I have a lot of things that belong to others. After all, I'm a pirate."

"A Bean." Pan folds his arms "a magic bean to be precise."

"Well I guess you'll have to find another bean, Peter Pan." Skull says "it's mine now."

I guess The lost boy wasn't pleased with this response because he scowled and clicked his fingers.

The other lost boys were like puppets , the moment pan clicked his fingers they were on the crew like bees to honey. The swords hit each other with a clang. But I wasn't bothering with the battle; I need to get the magic bean.

I run along the deck, dodging the occasional body thrown in my way.

Finally I reach the door to the captains quarters. I turn the handle quickly and sigh in relief when it opens with ease. Carefully I slip inside the room and walk around the room in a desperate attempt at finding the bean.

The room was rather large and had a red theme. A double bed sat below a big window which allowed me to see out onto the ocean. The walls were lined with shelves that were full of useless maps and compasses. It was nothing like my fathers ship.

I open the drawers of a small box set upon his cabinet; the last drawer held a small glistening bean that was the size of a bottle cap. Hastily I grab it and shove it in my bra.

The door of the cabin swings open and pan stands in the door frame with the lost boys behind him "where's the bean, Hope?"

Taking a shaky breath I say "I don't know. I haven't found it."

Pan narrows his eyes and makes his way into the room and slowly looks around. "He must've used it already, lads. We're leaving."

🌼🍂🌼

Back at the camp things were normal, pan was brooding, the boys were joking about and having fun and I was in my hut. I couldn't stop staring at the mesmerising item I had stolen. I wanted so desperately to use it but I didn't know if my parents were here and I couldn't risk leaving without them. I sigh and put the bean back in my bra, after all, that's where no boy would get anywhere near. I pick up the small jewel I had found on my way home and turn it between my fingers Bored.

The door of my hut swings open and Pan marches in "it isn't nice to lie, petal."

🌼🍂🌼