Twelve: sleeping

Peter Pan was walking around his camp. Not really doing anything. That's what all the lost boys had been doing since hope had disappeared. Peter assumed her family found her and had a magic bean. After all, it was the only way home and she wouldn't have left without them.

All of a sudden something felt different. He realised someone had came onto the island.

🌼🍂🌼

Hook and Emma trudged through the jungle, chopping down any dangerous looking plants in their way. They hadn't brought Henry because it was safer for him to stay with jacinda and Lucy.

"This was a bad idea, Emma." Hook said. He was still reluctant to let his daughter near the demon again.

"Relax, killian. We just need to find pans camp and then we can go."

Killian scoffed and looked down at his daughter "are you forgetting the part that we need to let him kiss hope?"

Emma sighed and shook her head. "Shh!" She stopped "I think I hear something."

Hook peered over his wife's shoulder. "Is that the camp?" He pointed ahead.

Emma nodded and ran forward.

Killian winced. His wife never thought things through "Emma!"

He ended up following her into the demons camp.

All the lost boys stood with weapons in their hands surrounding the family.

"We're not here to fight," Emma put her hands up "we have to see Pan."

Bobby stood forward "why?"

"Somethings wrong with hope." Killian stepped beside Emma.

"What's wrong with her?!" Ryan growled

Suddenly The rest of the boys lowered their weapons and reluctantly Ryan did too. Pan strolled through the circle of lost boys. "Oh so now you want her to stay?"

"Don't start this, Pan!" Emma growled "help us!"

Peter walked around them observing the teen in her fathers arms "you think I can help her."

"You're our only chance, Pan." Hook sighed

Peter rolled his eyes "put her in there." He gestures to her old hut.

Once Hope was laying in her bed Pan walked up to Killian. "You do Know what it means if I can wake her?"

"I do. But I want you to know it changes nothing, Pan." Hook spits

"Fine by me." The boy strolls past him and walks into her hut.

She was laying on her bed with her golden and purple hair spread out on her pillow. Her long eyelashes curled up so far. He admired her plump pink lips for a few moments before sitting down beside her.

He took her hand in his and kissed it. He didn't want to kiss her. No, he really did want to kiss her. But he was afraid. Afraid that he had found true love. Because Peter Pan isn't meant to love. He was also frightened if it didn't wake her. He knew she didn't have long. He wished he didn't turn away the last time they almost kissed.

He looked at her face one more time before closing his eyes and pressing his lips to her equally chapped ones. He lingered for a moment before sitting up and looking down at her.

Still she lay, silent and pale.

He looked away. He couldn't help her now. He felt a heart wrenching pain inside of him. He turned away from her and stood up.

Their story was over.

He walked towards the door and took a step out.

"Peter?" He heard a voice say behind him.

He turned around quickly and saw her standing beside her bed. She ran towards him and he also ran to her.

Tears streamed down both of their faces as they collided in a hug. He looked down at her and wiped her cheeks dry. "I love you." He whispered before once again connecting their lips.

Turns out Their story wasn't over yet.