Sixteen: back to StoryBrooke

Tonight there was to be a huge party before I left, a chance for me to have a good time with my new friends.

I was currently packing up everything I was going to take home when peter came through the door holding a small box.

"What's that?" I smile at him

He opens the box to reveal the ring. "I want you to have it." He takes it out and puts it on a chain

"No, I couldn't." I gasp

"Yes, please take it." He sighs

I look down and nod.

He steps closer to me and clasps the necklace around my neck, his fingers leaving butterflies over my neck. I shiver.

"If at anytime you're in danger, grab the necklace and say 'I do believe in fairies.' And help will come." He smiles

"Thank you, Peter." I turn around and stare into his mossy orbs.

He smiles lightly and strokes my cheek "I'm going hunting with the boys...I'll see you at the party."

"See ya." I smile back as he disappears in a cloud of smoke.

I come out of my hut and walk towards my parents.

"Mum... papa?" I say

"Yes hope?" Mum replies

"I've decided, after the party, I will come back to storybrooke with you both."

My dad embraces me "thank you, Hope...."

My mum smiles and says "I know it's gonna be difficult but you're better off at home... now, the party's soon, you should get ready."

I nod and retreat to my hut. I open my chest to see a forest green dress, with a few flowers on it. I guess Peter must've put it there.

When I put the dress on it was rather low on my chest, lower than I'd have liked but Peter was a teenage boy, so I kept it on just to humour him.

🌼🍂🌼

By the time the party rolled around it was already dark. The only light was coming from the fire and the stars. All the boys were hollering and dancing around the fire.

I laughed at them all and danced alongside them. I spun around crazily, and jumped around the lost boys.

I spotted Peter in the woods, staring at us. He smirked and motioned for me to follow him.

I checked to make sure no one was watching and I snuck off into the greenery. I took his hand and laughed as he dragged me deeper through the leaves "where are we going?!"

He placed a finger to his lips and continued to lead me.

Eventually we reached a small clearing with a huge willow tree in the centre. I gaped in awe at the magical light coming out of it and the mini lights flowing around us.

"Are they..." I looked around

Peter smiled and pulled me close "fairies."

I stared at the beautiful creatures with my mouth agape "they're dancing."

"Yes, it's the fairy queens wedding..." Peter said softly

We stood in silence for a few moments before Peter said "care to dance?" He offered his hand

I curtesy and take his hand whilst putting my other hand on his shoulder. I suck in a breath as he wraps his arm around my waist. We begin to dance around the beautifully lit area, just staring into each other's eyes. Suddenly Peter smirks and holds onto me tighter. I look down and we're floating high up.

"Peter!" I gasp and grab onto him tighter

"It's okay, hope." He chuckles

I look down and loosen my grip on him and continue dancing up amongst the fairies. I could just stay up here forever.

Peter pulls me closer to him and kisses me "I'll miss you....petal."

I smile lightly and kiss him again "I'll miss you too.... Pan."

I sigh as I feel the soft earth on my feet. "We have to go back." I say

He nods sadly and we begin walking back to camp.

When we arrive back at the camp the lost boys are no longer dancing, but sitting in sorrow, waiting for me.

When they see me they all stand up and smile sadly.

"Hope," my mum says "it's time to go... say your goodbyes."

I walk towards the lost boys and Embrace them all.

"You behave alright?" I pinch Dylan's freckled cheek and laugh as a few tears roll down my own cheeks.

He nods and hugs me tightly "I'll miss you hope."

I smile down at him and stroke his head.

I walk towards Peter and give him a hug "thank you...." I whisper

I pull away and walk towards my parents and just as I'm about to jump in the portal I hear someone shout my name.

I spin around and see Peter face to face with me "I love you." He says before kissing me passionately

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back. The kiss was almost enough to make me stay right there. But before I could pull away and tell him I'd changed my mind, Peter did the unthinkable.

He pushed me.

And then... I fell into the portal. I saw his face as the portal closed and I appeared in my hallway at my house in storybrooke.

I looked around to make sure that I wasn't dreaming And I was still in never land. But no. I was in my white halls with my parents either side of me.

I'm not sure that was the best decision but it's done now.

But I am positive of one thing:

I will never forget Peter Pan or Neverland.

Ever.

Omg guys I've finally finished this story. Honestly, I've been working on this for almost a year (I wrote it first before publishing!) and I'm so glad it's done! I'm so happy with this book and I hope you all enjoyed it!!! Idk if any of you guys noticed but the scene with Peter, hope and the fairies was inspired by a scene in the old Peter Pan movie!!! It's one of my fave movie tbh!! Tysm for reading this x bye x