Seven: meadows & moments

I groan when the door of my hut flies open. "What is it?"

"Up and at em' Petal." Peter scoffs "it's time to go."

I sit up in my bed "go where?"

The lost boy smirked and said as he walked out of the hut "I'm showing you around the island."

Sighing, I get dressed and make my way towards the eating area and grab an apple.

"Hope! You're ok!" Dylan grinned and hugged me "I knew you'd be ok! So does that mean that you and pan are getting married?!"

I laugh "why would I marry peter?!"

"Well, A few of the boys say that there's so much tension in the air around you that they think you should just.... I don't know what they said after that cause bobby covered my ears." He furrowed his eyebrows

I blush bright red and look at them "well, that's not going to happen. Because," I ruffle Dylan's hair "I'm not old enough to get married."

"What age are you, hope?" He smiled and touched my new short hair (Which had to be cut for the cut on my head to be treated)

"Seventeen." I smile down at him

Suddenly pan walked up beside me and said "boys, I want at least 5 catches for dinner."

"Yes pan."the boys chorus

Peter looks at me and says "ready?"

Before I can reply he takes my hand and a cloud of smoke takes us away.

🌼🍂🌼

Peter and I appeared in a small clearing filled with sunflowers and butterflies. In the air was a warm breeze and a sweet smell of the wildflowers.

"Where are we?" I look around "we're still in Neverland, right?"

"Yes we are. This is just an area no one knows about...." he gave a half hearted laugh.

I furrow my eyebrow and say "how come? I mean, this is beautiful! Don't you think the boys would love it?"

He smiled lightly "I suppose. But for now, let's leave it hidden from others. Leave it special."

As he begins to walk through the field I can't help but notice he was still holding my hand.

🌼🍂🌼

Eventually peter and I reached a point where both of us needed to sit down.

The pair of us stay seated in the comfortable silence until I say "Have you ever thought about leaving the island, Peter?"

Peter rests his hand ontop of mine and says "I have. But I can't, it's impossible for me to go... But I've let lost boys go home, if they wished it..." he paused "have you... y'know, recently."

I don't reply. Instead I turn myself around to face him and bring my hand up to his face. I caress his cheek as I lean towards him and just as our lips were about to meet he turns away, red.

"Erm...We should go back." He clears his throat

I look at the ground and rip some grass "yes. I suppose we should."