nine - i can do this all day

Hazel's POV

We rode in the car for such a long time that I fell asleep.

"Peggy..where are we?" I yawned.

"Wheaton, New Jersey."

"You went this far to visit an army camp?" I rubbed my eyes.

"It's not just any army camp." she pulled into a parking space.

It was busy with army men, they looked like they were training.

"You said my father was an soldier, is this where he was?" I asked.

"Yes, he's from here." Peggy whispered and parked the car.

I opened my door and looked all around me. It looked homey.

"SOLDIER FALL IN!" I heard someone yell and a poor soldier panicked then caught up.

"Come along Hazel." Peggy patted my shoulder.

I followed her inside a concrete building, it was full of so many people inside, all dressed in suits.

"Peggy! Welcome to shield." I saw Howard hug her. "Hey, there mini Rog- Carter" he smiled at me.

"Hey." I smiled back and looked around and saw a circle in the middle of the wall that had an eagle and it said 'Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division' around it.

"That's a mouthful." I pointed at the emblem

"We get that a lot." Howard said.

"What's Shield?" I asked

"Hazel, it's a special service, you can't tell anyone about this okay?" She gave me a serious look.

"Oh...Okay" I responded.

"Peggy come, uh Hazel" He pointed to a seat. "I think you should stay here."

"But-" I pouted

"Hazel this is important." Peggy stated, "I'll be back soon." She said and left with Howard.

"Yay loneliness" I sighed and sat down.

Secret service? Like the FBI?

I thought to myself for a few minutes.

I don't think she'll mind if I go look around, plus I stopped a thief last night so what could go wrong?

                                 •  •  •

It was a small place, everyone was minding their own business.

There was pictures all around the wall with Peggy herself and Howard plus a couple of random people I've never seen before.

I found a little area that has bookshelves everywhere and boxes with flies.

Of course I looked in a couple boxes but nothing interesting.

Hm Steve Rogers, I read a filing cabinet that was labeled as Captain Rogers.

Man was there a ton of stuff in there, it literally said everything about him. His mother's name was Sarah and his father's name was Joseph.

I pulled out a paper in the back that read. 'Bluebird, 11, Relation: Daughter.'

Who the heck is bluebird? It better not be Wendy.

He was a very sick man before the serum. I'm surprised he lived through the experiment.

I pulled out another paper. 'James Buchanan Barnes. Killed in action.'