Apologies: Chapter 4

Yerin's POV

November 23, 2018
08:07 am

"Hey Yerin-ssi" a voice disrupted my brawling thoughts. I lifted my head just to see the girl's shimmering eyes in front of me as if she had been waiting for the most extravagant thing on Earth for so long, and today is when her long wait would end. "Aren't you excited for later?" she asked then stopped fidgeting her fingers and moved her swivel chair closer to my spot.

"Not really" I replied, my voice sounding bored on the topic. I knew what she was talking about. She's referring to the exchange of personels through different hospitals, and the announcement would be given later this day.

Anyway she's Min-ah, one of my colleagues. She's clumsy and loud but she's reliable sometimes, just sometimes.

"Eh---, why?" she looked shock on my answer. For all the people here she's the most excited on this event and I can say that I am exactly the opposite of her. I don't even have the slightest interest on this.

"I'm a psychologist not a doctor Min-ah"

"Exactly! Isn't it interesting? You'll be submerged into a whole new different environment. Different from what you are used to"

"Still not interesting for me" I replied short and coldly. Continuing to type on my keyboard for my weekly narrative report. "Shouldn't you do your report instead of bugging me?" I then beamed her a glare of antipathy.

It's not that I hate her or something, it's just that I hate how she's intervening with my work. For heaven's sake I can't multitask! I seriously almost typed her words earlier as her voice was really booming in my ears.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" she excused  scratching her nape on the mention of added task on the pile of undone paper works on her desk.

"Tsk".

________________________

Same day
10:29 am

Finally. Finally, I am done with my freaking report. And it's almost time for the announcement. I got up from my chair and stretched a bit to loosen my stiff muscles. Grab my lab coat, a ballpoint pen and some scratch paper and got out of the room.

Being a forgetful person I am, it already became my habit to always bring a paper and pen to jot down anything that is announced.

Different persons from various departments arrived at the conference room looking confident and a bit excited.

A faint static sound intruded our own selfish thoughts.

"Ladies and gentlemen can I have your attention please" a petite looking man in front enunciated as he roamed his eyes to gain attention from us. Once done, we all focused our attention to him. "Goodmorning to you all. I am your head doctor Woobin Kim. And as you might all know, this meeting is held because of a reason. And that reason is the transfer of our personnels to other hospitals".

Everyone stayed silent keeping their ears on him. "And with that given, the committee thoroughly examined and scrutinized each and one of our personnels." he momentarily stopped waving a few papers, "This list contains the names of best of the best doctors of our hospital. Those who we think that is at the front line and can carry the name of our hospital with much excellence." he took a deep breathe before continuing. "And I will now announce the names of the chosen peoples and the hospital they would be in, respectively".

I just stayed quiet not really hoping for my name to be included on the list. I atleast know how to differentiate reality to dreams. I can say that our hospital is quite prestigious and many skilled and experienced doctors are here, I mean I'm just a psychologist here, what am I compared to them right?