Apologies: Chapter 11

"Why?!" she cried, scrunching her blanket hard out of the eerie wretchedness that was taking over her system.

Her cries was so much for Taehyung, he knows that she's holding it back yet it still appeared like a desperate cry for help.

"I'm calling the doctor, just stay here yeah? Don't worry too much." he assured her, and anxiously leaved the room after placing a soft tap on her sorrowful pair of shoulders.

"Don't."

Taehyung came to an abrupt stop upon almost shutting the door up, "As I said, you don't need to worry, I'll be back really fast."

"They cannot cure me," Yerin smiled sadly, now controlling her tears, "I just know for a fact that they can't."

Doctors are really out there to help people with their sickness and cure them from whatever that's causing them pain. That's their purpose; to cure people. They've studied for numbers of years to help humanity, how come Yerin slur over their value just like that?

"What are you saying?" eventually he decided to went back, making sure his movements were graceful, not wanting to add more anxiety to her.

"You won't understand. No one will understand."

"Hey.." his first word was already soothing but his solemn orbs were depicting concern beyond how his voice sounded whatsoever. "They can cure you, you just need to trust them, and yeah, you're right I probably don't understand exactly your situation right now, but Yerin I'm willing to listen. I've been always here, and will always be here."

Anyone could have fallen for how sincere Taehyung's words were, let alone his outstanding visuals. But Yerin, of course was an exemption to that list. For some undefined reasons, she was out for most of the conventional lists that people of society have established for years now.

A lot of people have concluded that she was an absolute hard-hearted and self-centered person, she haven't actually showed much affection to people who's she's working with nor with people who's been once attached to her life.

Well, no one can blame her. It must be her natural defense that she have developed in order to protect herself from this harsh society.

But Taehyung neglected to look at this as a negative trait of her, because he knew that because of this, Yerin got to achieved whatever she have right now. Even if he's thrown a raging ball of flame, he'll gladly accept it for her.

"Do you think I'll be suffering like this if those doctors that you're talking about have cured me before?" Yerin faltered, trying to compose herself to normal but failed.

"Yerin, curing depression doesn't happen in just a blink of an eye. You know that well."

"Yeah!" her anger finally erupted and surprisingly just turned to more uncontrollable outpouring tears, "Yeah, I know that damn well! And you know, I've been in medication for years now, without any improvement, without any improvement Taehyung! Now tell me is that what you call a blink of an eye huh?!"

The man grew silent still in return, just letting Yerin's enraged breaths of emotions took over and waited for it to ploddingly vanish soon.

She was right, definitely right. The only one who's been greatly suffering here is no other than Yerin, and even with the help of huge stuffs she gets around her, her condition isn't becoming better as per the passage of time.

But hey, you know what they say?

If people don't want to be cured, then no matter how magnificent the doctor, how efficient the medicines and advance the medicinal services are, to that person, it's all just a delucive spending of money and time with the belief of something quite absurd, they're all gonna be useless at the end.