Apologies: Chapter 13

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Dr. Hwang-" the nurse manged to help Eunbi before her staggering legs gave up on her.

"I-im just alright." she lied, trying hard to sound calm, but the small frantic jitters from her hand said otherwise.

"The patient is one of the victims of the bus accident. Other doctors especially the orthopedic department is also dealing with the other victims. All the doctors are now currently dealing with a patient but we're still being outnumbered, Doc."

"Get e-everything ready, I'll be there in a minute." Eunbi stammered, taking a good minute to process everything in her distraught mind.

Though skeptical with how vulnerable and undecided the doctor's tone was, the nurse with all her conviction, obeyed still.

After skimming on all the pages of newly admitted patients, she didn't find Yerin's name there. Which only means three things; she's one of the deceased or she's still at the accident scene or lastly she's admitted to another nearby hospital.

Eunbi hoped that it's none of the above. That somehow Yerin had a change of heart and decided to dropped by another place, going off that bus before it crashed.

With a heavy heart, she did her mandatory scrub, cap, mask and gown and entered the operating room, both hands were positioned parallel in the mid air.

"Doctor is here." one of the assistant nurse informed.

"Read me the test results." Eunbi commanded fiercely, one nurse was already inserting the sterile gloves on her hands.

"Patient, female at 40. Initial examination showed paralysis of right pupil, left pupil is barely responsive." she flipped over the next page and continue, "Cranial CT scan was performed and revealed a right hyper-acute subdural hematoma."

Local anesthesia was injected, resulting for the patient to be already asleep in the operating table. Anesthesia machine, medical tubings, and operating lights are all ready, all that was left is the final step of betadine scrub before the actual operation take place.

"X-rays are up, no known drug allergies, circulators are ready, blood products on screen is ordered."

It felt like Eunbi's gonna operate for the first time, her mind was going haywire and her limbs were stiff in fraught.

Her mind's kept on drifting to Yerin and it was so much for her to handle.

If just possible, Eunbi have probably already escaped the room and rushed to her, hug her tight until all the fatigue on her mind evaporates and be replaced by tranquility instead.